Jambands.ca

stripped down BECK special on CityTv right now

Baj

I've seen Beck five times, I think. One of those times he was solo acoustic, opening for Neil Young. It was absolutely amazing. I could see middle-aged members of the crowd nudging each other, like, "Who is this guy? Wow!"

Every other time I saw him, though, I ended up very annoyed at the unbelievably muddy sound. I don't know who his soundman is, and I almost suspect he doesn't have one, but I finally stopped seeing him live, out of disappointment.

As I said, though, the one acoustic show I saw (obviously with Neil Young's soundman present) was incredible.

ya this was a really well put together show...espeacially sound wise...

it was mostly acoustic with him playin this

smaller quitar...with his bass player on electric bass...there was a guy workin an electric casio ha... drummer and a guy playin cowbell and a glas bowl..till they all hit the table excoet beck at the end and did a sick clap your hands...witht the table just a clingin and bingin...away... sick show... it was too short, an hour long show with commercials, definately left me wanting way more... I love beck!

but I regreat to say I know what you mean S.M. as when I saw him at the first vegoose I walked away with the same dissapointment you had...

Edited by Guest