Jambands.ca

The Disco Biscuits - 5/20 - Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom (in a nutshell)

YearsAlongTheSea

• 1 month later...

Sweating Bullets, Highwire > I Remember When, Nughuffer, Frog Legs

Basis > Floodlights > Solstice > Confrontation > Above the Waves > Basis

Reactor > Confrontation

Nuts. This first set was a little lackluster as a result of somewhat tepid song selection and the fact that it was VERY short for some reason. It was the shortest set I've ever seen them play outside a festival and was probably due to the fact that there was some sort of curfew as the show was over at 12:30. Anyways, the Nughuffer was nice and concise with some really tight jamming, and the Big Happy Suite (Highwire>I Remember When) is always nice to hear and was well played.

Set two was the nitty gritty, non-stop rage-fest. Clocking in at an hour and a half, they weaved seamlessly in and out of tunes; backwards and forwards, forwards and backwards. It started out with a tight build-up jam into Basis for a Day and included a searing inverted Above the Waves. The Hallucinogen cover Solistice was downright nasty and featured Barber on a mini-synth which is new to me but worked out nicely. The set ended where it began with a raging creciendo back into Basis for a Day. Downright sick...

The encore was kept up the momentum and they closed with a bang, finishing off Confrontation and bringing up the lights to a packed house. The Town Ballroom was great, lots of room to dance considering how many people were in there, good sound, and they dropped the Disco Ball for a while in the second set. What more can you ask for?

Thanks to Capt'n Sunshine and Baj for cruising down there with me. Great to finally meet ya'll and always good to have some peeps to rage the show with.

Anyways, that should tide me over for a while..... ;)

You covered that perfectly yats !!!

that was a mind twisting show...

the above the waves had the place bustin'

with that giant disco ball dropped

spinning light outta control...

so great to finally meet ya yats, and for

driving...hope your final leg of the journey back to tdot was smooth sailin'

till next time :)

Awesome review, YATS!! Perfect explanation of the show..

I had an amazingly wonderful time!! The venue was perfect, and the music was insane!

I was definitely left close to disappointed after the first set because of the length (it's hard for the boys to really disappoint me..).. But the second set made up for everything!

I've been wishing for Above the Waves since one of my first few shows, and this is the first time I've experienced it since then!! I was super stoked and excited that MY SONG was the most outta control part of the second set in my opinion.

The giant disco ball was dropped at the culmination of ATW, and it was a disco dancin' madhouse at that point!

The place was packed, and everywhere I looked there was dancin'.. It was perfect..

It was awesome to finally meet ya, Ian.. I can't wait to check out more shows with ya! It's good to meet good Bisco family here in Canada!

Let's do it again real soon..

I LOVED it!!

I saw it slightly peeking down outta it's little hiding spot the whole time, then just busted out when I thought it would never come down!

I guess it would block the lightshow or something is what I'm guessing on why it's not down most of the show..

But AMAZING, really! Gotta love giant disco balls!