Jambands.ca

Tubby Dog (Calgary)

AdamH

It's "The Works" but with hot dogs instead of hamburgers. It's also way more fun and less sterile inside.

So lots of different hot dog options (small, veggie, large, a 1/2 pound homemade ukrainian sausage) and lots of topping ideas in the same vein as the Works.

The hot dog special of the week while we were there was called the Pontius Pilate: a Kosher hot dog, jewish mustard, bacon, two ham pieces forming a cross on top, with communion wafers and dots of fake "blood" where Jesus' arms and feet were spiked to the cross. Sacrilicious!

They don't have a website but check 'er out while you're there, it was great.

Oh man that's inventive and funny.

There's a hotdog place in Toronto, by the Eaton Center, just off Yonge Street. Mike and I ate there once. They charge triple of what street vendors charge, but the huge variety of toppings and the diner atmosphere tricks you into thinking it's worth it.

I love hotdogs!

Oh man that's inventive and funny.

There's a hotdog place in Toronto, by the Eaton Center, just off Yonge Street. Mike and I ate there once. They charge triple of what street vendors charge, but the huge variety of toppings and the diner atmosphere tricks you into thinking it's worth it.

I love hotdogs!

I think the place is called "Frankz". I had a dog there once, and it wasn't bad, and you're right: the toppings (and even bun selection) is huge. It's also licensed.

Aloha,

Brad

• 8 months later...