Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Umphrey's McGee

c-towns

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing tracks from their album that I dig. Now WMVY has added "Bright Lights Big City" to their playlist and I dig it.

But every time I listen to one of their shows I reach my limit within an hour of putting it on.

I may be the jamband fans worst nightmare: digging the "singles", not so keen on the live jamming. haha.

I'll give them this: they rise above the pack.

I'm with you MarcO.

I liked most of Phish's recorded stuff, but couldn't get into the live show recordings. But I loved the live shows I saw... and the jamming is fantastic when it's all unfolding infront of you in real time. It's kind of like a magic trick. And I don't know if I could stand to listen to an audio recording of David Copperfield, and many live shows are like that... for me.

Same thing with Umphree's...

I think though the Live show thing, is that I have to be there... then I like to hear the show again... but ultimately a live show recording is only a small small fraction of the totality of the live experience...

To summarize: For me, live stuff needs to be experienced live.

• 5 years later...

Town Ballroom, Buffalo NY

Wednesday Jan 16/12

Set 1: Nipple Trix > Slacker > Baby You're a Rich Man% > Slacker, Rocker Part II, Much Obliged > Get in the Van, Hurt Bird Bath

Set 2: Pay the Snucka, Ringo > Kimble, 1348 > Walking On the Moon#, Intentions Clear > Day Nurse > 1348

Encore: Resolution > The Fussy Dutchman

% - Beatles

# - The Police

I LOVE the Ballroom and they recently got a new sound system that rocks the place even harder. Great show last night, fantastic light show. I got a whole bunch of songs from them that I haven't heard live in the 5 or 6 other times I have seen them. I am now ready for Trey.

• 3 weeks later...

A great rock show in Detroit Rock City on Saturday night highlighted for me by the All in Time, Partyin' Peeps, Ja Junk and The Triple Wide. Shot gunning banquet beers is always a pleasure in 'merica

02.02.2013 The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA

Set 1: There's No Crying In Mexico > All In Time > Ocean Billy, Partyin' Peeps, Intentions Clear > Out Of Order, Syncopated Strangers, Resolution[1] -> All In Time

Set 2: JaJunk > Mantis Ghetts > Making Flippy Floppy > Conduit, The Triple Wide -> Frankie Zombie -> The Triple Wide, Divisions

Encore: Mother [2] > JaJunk

[1] with Another One Bites the Dust (Queen) teases

[2] Danzig cover

A great rock show in Detroit Rock City on Saturday night highlighted for me by the All in Time, Partyin' Peeps, Ja Junk and The Triple Wide. Shot gunning banquet beers is always a pleasure in 'merica

02.02.2013 The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA

Set 1: There's No Crying In Mexico > All In Time > Ocean Billy, Partyin' Peeps, Intentions Clear > Out Of Order, Syncopated Strangers, Resolution[1] -> All In Time

Set 2: JaJunk > Mantis Ghetts > Making Flippy Floppy > Conduit, The Triple Wide -> Frankie Zombie -> The Triple Wide, Divisions

Encore: Mother [2] > JaJunk

[1] with Another One Bites the Dust (Queen) teases

[2] Danzig cover

http://archive.org/details/um2013-02-02.mk4.flac16

Aloha,

Brad

Almost impossible for me to pick favourites because it was such a complete show. The entire second set melted my brain. so effin' good.

This was the absolute best time I've ever had at an UM show. They friggin' gave'r from front to back and kudos to Greensky playing to what was quite obviously a crowd that was only there to see Umphrey's.