Jambands.ca

QotD— What's Yer Favourite Painting?

Davey Boy 2.0

Going to the NAC this week to see Ron Mueck exhibition! yahoo for me!

that creeped me out, but it was mighty impressive. make sure you watch the 'how did he do that?' video at the very end. i think it's about half an hour long, so budget your time accordingly.

also, the show is at the National Gallery, not the NAC.

Favourite is impossible to say. I enjoy different pieces of art on different days and in different moods. Here's one that I have framed on my wall though.

240px-Hieronymus_Bosch_-_The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_-_The_Earthly_Paradise_%28Garden_of_Eden%29.jpg543px-Hieronymus_Bosch_-_The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_-_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_%28Ecclesia%27s_Paradise%29.jpg236px-Hieronymus_Bosch_-_The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_-_Hell.jpg

Who was wondering what a hurdy gurdy was the other day. If you look carefully there is a soul being tortured on one in the right panel.

Edited by Guest

i'm a colville fan too there william

BFF!!!

I also love the Group of 7, and have a big AJ Casson (not unlike this, but not this) on my wall. That room with all the 'work eisels' in the NAG is fantastic!

a%20j%20casson-gr%207_white_pine_1957a.jpg

But Tom Thomson is my favourite of the Group, although not an 'offical' member... he had the most James Dean lifestyle of the bunch (for the 1910's in Canada)

lg_2.jpg

w%20small%20inlet%20%5Bafter%20tom%20thompson%5D%2012%20x%2015.jpg