Jambands.ca

Ottawa Folk Festival Questions

ollie

My first time going this year... gonna check out Ron Sexsmith on Sunday. Anyway, I have a few questions.

Do they allow re-entry? Can you bring in your own food and beverages? Do they serve alcohol? Can you sneak it in? Is it a cool scene? Should I bring a dreaded lawnchair?

Thanks. Anyone else going to be there?

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

Do they allow re-entry? Can you bring in your own food and beverages? Do they serve alcohol? Can you sneak it in? Is it a cool scene? Should I bring a dreaded lawnchair?

In past years (things might have changed):

1) Yes (wristbands).

2) Yes, but no coolers allowed.

3) Beer, possible malternatives. The bistro (just outside the festival) also sells beer and malternatives.

4) Not if I catch you.

5) I suppose it depends on your definition, and it definitely depends on who's on stage.

6) Just make sure you don't set it up in a "No Lawn Chairs" area.

Brad, you've worked the gate more than I have--are these answers consistent with your recollection?

quote:

4) Not if I catch you.

Good thing I'm wearing this mask! [big Grin]

quote:

5) I suppose it depends on your definition, and it definitely depends on who's on stage.

Just wondering if I'm gonna offend anyone if I smoke a joint??

Thanks for the response.

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

Just wondering if I'm gonna offend anyone if I smoke a joint??

You'd probably offend the city staff that have to be on site. On the other hand, what are they gonna do about it this year, take away your birthday??

In past years, I didn't notice people smoking much of anything. A lot of families attend, especially during the day.

As to smoking joints, realize that, while it may be legal to possess small amounts of marijuana, it may not be allowed in the venue.

The Folk Fest draws a lot of families with children, and a lot of older people; in other words, people with easily-fried sensibilities. My recommendation is not to smoke up on the grounds, but instead, take a walk along the recreational pathway heading West along the river, step off the pathway down towards the water, and enjoy yourself for however long it takes, then stroll back.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived