Jambands.ca

Trey Dropped from 10KLF - SCI added

Kanada Kev

http://www.startribune.com/music/story/1204514.html

[blurb]

Ex-Phish singer drops out of 10,000 Lakes Fest

Last update: May 24, 2007 – 12:33 PM

Ordered into rehab last month, Trey Anastasio will be replaced by String Cheese Incident at the July event.

Former Phish guitarist and frontman Trey Anastasio has canceled his return appearance at this summer's 10,000 Lakes Festival in Detroit Lakes, but organizers already have replaced him with another jam-band favorite, the String Cheese Incident.

[/blurb]

Anastasio's exit was chalked up by 10K Lakes staff to "circumstances beyond control." Last month, the 42-year-old rock veteran -- who currently has no other performances scheduled this summer -- was ordered to undergo drug treatment and a year of strict court supervision after pleading guilty to a Dec. 15 charge in upstate New York for drug possession.

An official statement from Anastasio's publicist said, "Trey is disappointed he is unable to play the festival this year but is looking forward to returning for the 2008 10,000 Lakes Festival."

String Cheese Incident will perform two sets on the third night of the four-day event, July 18-21, joining a lineup that also includes Bob Weir & RatDog, Gov't Mule, Umphrey's McGee, the Zappa Plays Zappa tour and more. Full details at www.10klf.com.

CHRIS RIEMENSCHNEIDER

Personally, I think the SCI would do the community a favor by serving Trey's rehab stint and letting him play instead...

Those boys should have been locked up and shut up a long time ago...

Nice.

...Personally I would be pissed if I had a ticket and String Cheese was substituted for Trey. No comparison.

I am glad however that Trey is taking time to walk the line and get his shit together. Somehow I think 10,000 lakes would be a tough place to get sober.