Jambands.ca

Looking for M.O.B.E's curry recipe

SolarGarlic

This is a version to get you going by Michael Smith

Red Thai Curry

All the fundamentals of a good thai curry are here and there is plenty of leeway in terms of spice and ingredients.

My favourite tip from Michael Smith was to use the stems of your corriander in the beginnings of the curry.

Always have a container of green or red thai curry paste on hand and you can whip up a great meal by just buying a few ingredients after that. Corriander, ginger, garlic, eggplant, lime leaves, lemongrass, coconut milk, thai chili peppers, and chicken (or other meatskies).

Don't leave the store without a bottle of Golden Boy Fish Sauce. That's a thai essential.

Im in the process of looking through all my recipes to find this. Im wondering if I ever posted a Thai curry recipe???? I do have one I dont remember posting it though. When I find one I have with exact measurements I'll put it up.

edit to add: either Im too stoneded again or the search feature is broken.

Edited by Guest

no problem. I do have one and I am looking it. I know all kinds of curries. I can give you a list of all the ingrediants that make up "Curry".

A curry specifically is/was a sauce for braising tougher cuts of meat and is used to keep the body cool in the heat and to clear toxins from your organs. Curries can contain any number of up to like 35 different spices in some recipes and almost all curries contain a master spice called Garam Masala. Most good Chef's keep their own Garam Masala mixture. Im not giving up mine but you can find a basic Garam Masala mixture at the Bulk Barn.

word up to that... I have a garam masala mixture of my own that I like to use..

I should have also been more specific in what I was looking for...THAI curry dishes is what Im craving. I have some decent recipes I have developed and I was just looking for some "bits and pieces" that I might incorporate into my own cooking, nothing exact.

Either way, cheers to food!