Jambands.ca

The Wacky World of Web 2.0

Jay Funk Dawg

generally think of web 2.0 as standards based pure cascading style sheet layouts that use ajax to smoothly interface with the user... smooth, sleek and efficient, the result of 15/20 years of code geeks ironing out the bugs

I think of myspace as a computer crashing flashy gadget... full of useful and interesting content but abysmally designed, flat out horrible from a design and coding perspective... makes me think of homemade websites from the early 90s full of annoying animated gifs, flashing text and unreadable color schemes

youtube probably falls into the Web 2.0 category

This youtube vid is actually the first I heard about web 2.0. Is this a new term people are using to describe the new powers of the net? I see cable and internet connection to now be one and the same in only a couple of short years. where do you think this is all leading?

Edited by Guest

web 2.0 has been a loose term tossed around for the past few years really... came in on the tails of the major browsers fully supporting cascading style sheets and agreeing to follow web standards as put together by the ( World Wide Web Consortium (wc3) )... what was html is now usually css... was was perl or javascript is now ajax (which is basically super javascript)... thus 2.0... also relates to large strides taken regarding the DOM, xhtml, xml, etc (that last one there doesn't involve any scripting ;-)

I used to stay in a lot

there's also a "look" to whats termed web 2.0... and people like to make fun of it =)

really the same old, nothing ground-breaking anyways as it all happened so gradually... likely sounds good when you're pitching a client or trying to pick up chicks ;)

I used to stay in a lot

:P:P:P:P

yeah me, too. I once-upon-a-time actually thought I could be a web designer/programmer [anyone ever heard of "Frontier"...that's what I learned an ancient 6 years ago] until I realized how squirrely I went not interacting with other people for great chunks of time.....

there's also a "look" to whats termed web 2.0... and people like to make fun of it =)

can you provide some examples/links to this "look"...I'm curious, having heard this web 2.0 term bandied around a bit

really the same old, nothing ground-breaking anyways as it all happened so gradually... likely sounds good when you're pitching a client or trying to pick up chicks ;)

let us know how this all works out. :P Maybe you should up the ante by saying you're on the ground level of web 3.0!!!

you've seen it a thousand times... basically more clean than clutter, bubbles incorporated every time humanly possible, nice colors... like a dream sequence

am personally convinced the kids show "Boobah" should sue everyone in the industry

script.aculo.us demonstrates the Web 2.0 caboodle very nicely

http://wwwm.meebo.com/

http://www.reallywildflowers.co.uk/

facebook follows suit

am personally working on developing Web 87.1... is a throwback to when humanity spoke in clicks and grunts... lots of paw marks and scratches for style... the lack of language gives it all a rustic, rabid dog feel... frothy... you know