Jambands.ca

Muckler fired?

dave-O

Yes FBN, I am definitely saying anything is possible (while that scenario would be hilarious to these eyes). Let the record show I am not a fan of owners meddling about in the operations of whichever clubs they own. The more Melnyk gets involved, the worse off this franchise will be.

But whatever. Enjoy your day in the sun. Obviously Dingbat is completely eating it all up. Hell, they could have a press conference and say they were moving to Barfhaven and Dinghy would lap it up like the dog that he is.

;)

Let's discuss with faces covered in BBQ sauce at the rib-fest later this week.

This makes me love you. I am going every workday. See you in an email tomorrow as we coordinate!

Basically, I have a soft spot when owners meddle. As I stated earlier, I am a Raiders fan and if you dont know the history of Al Davis then you might not understand my apprehension. This may very well be the only move Melnyk makes. Who knows but when it was suggested that his final decision was solidified because Muckler didnt obtain Gary Roberts as Eugene had specifically requested, the alarm bells started screaming in my head.

That's some meddling. Serious meddling. I'll tell you this. Murray is happy he has that first round pick (even though he would trade it for a Stanley Cup but there is no way simply adding Roberts would have won it for them).

Who knows but when it was suggested that his final decision was solidified because Muckler didnt obtain Gary Roberts as Eugene had specifically requested, the alarm bells started screaming in my head.
Looks like Melnyk finally listened to our hockey masterminds Ollie and Rubberdinghy.

When you're right you're right. ;)

Trust me William, there is no sarcasm in my words even if I detect some in yours. I really enjoy following Ottawa, especially when the city cries bloody murder because some idiot sportswriter told them to do so.

I also love to follow the 'if it aint broke dont fix it' creed.

Oh yeah! I'm being totally sarcastic!

Now I'm not: I think you're great!

Now I'll be sports serious:

It's a cool move seeing Murray move up to GM. He's got a first hand look at the team from behind the bench, as well as the rest of the League(ish), and can take that knowledge to the next level to see if he can add what the team needs throught he draft and trades, and to keep pace with the improvements/adjustments that others teams make.

If (what I hope), they bring in Cunnyworth, they will inject some fresh coaching blood into the team and league, and someone who has strong ties to the Ottawa system (via his captiancy), and the Buffalo system which was so successful last year.

Muckler did a great job. He's left the team better of now than when he took over... but in this league of parity, it doesn't hurt to keep the compition on it's toes... and it's clear from the final some tweaking was needed.

Once again, having Murray bridge the Muckler and Mucklerless era's is going to help the organization avoid the "Ballardization" of this team.