Jambands.ca

Blues Fest picks for Wednesday

bradm

I'm pretty tired from last night, and have some processing of recordings to do, so I'm 50/50 on coming out tonight, so people's opinions as to what acts are must-sees tonight would be appreciated.

Grady seems interesting, but I'm not sure I'm that into that much heaviousity. It'd be fun to see Steve Miller Band, but it's a 9:30pm start, and I doubt I'll last to, let alone through, his set. LURE is on the River Stage at 6:00pm, and it might be fun to drop by for just them. There aren't many other acts on today's bill that really pique my interest. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Aloha,

Brad

Cat power.

Weirdness went to see her last night in Toronto, and said her voice was shot; she's also on the Rogers Stage, and I think I'd like to see that kind of performer on a side stage. That said, I've heard so much about her (but haven't actually heard her), it might be worthwhile.

Aloha,

Brad

i just sent this to Sean but thought I should post here in case anyone else is new to Ottawa / Bluesfest

Ottawa goes absolutely apeshit over Xavier Rudd, you'll have a good time at that show if you like him. He is on the River Stage so get there early, he commands massive crowds here. The fact that he's competing with Blue Rodeo might tame things down a bit, so that might be a good thing.