Jambands.ca

RC: loves Ron Paul

Hux

• 7 months later...

From what little I know about him it seems he is way to conservative economically for most people on this board. I'm pretty sure he is under the belief that the individual is best cared for by an econmic policy in which people are left to themselves with as little government intervention/support as possible. The old 'rugged individualism'.

You're right Biggest Fan. He is a righty. He also believes in supporting rights of his people and upholding the constitution.

He is not for big business, wants to get rid of the IRS and the Federal Reserve (actually make the money worth something) so in theory there will be more individual wealth.

Just imagine what would happen if Americans had to pay far fewer taxes than they do already...they'd be able to afford privatized social programs such as healthcare.

I was BRIEFLY looking at the tax rates of our countries and it did not seem as though there was a huge difference between the two. I am pretty shocked at the idea. I was thinking that the tax rate of Canada would be a lot higher v. that of the USA. If this is the case there is something very much wrong with what is going on down here to your south...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else digging the hell out of the "constitutionalist"??

Yeah man. Posted this thread awhile back. It's all over now though.

When the heck are you going to let me play Carville to your Clinton, by the way? Let's get it done.

That's right!!! Once you GET it, it never goes away!

I'm a big-government libertarian. It's all about timeline. Birdy knows what I mean, even if she doesn't agree.

Sorry I think some of the fundementals of libertarianism are great.

unfortunately I have seen and met some of the people who are really into it, especially in the US, and I don't like them.

some (all of the ones I have had contact with) of ron pauls supporters come across as ignorant nutcases to me.

edit: not the ones on this page nor am I pointing fingers at anyone. just what I have seen.

Edited by Guest

D_jango, I'm ignorant on this one!!! What is a big-government Libretarian??? That seems like an oxymoron to me, but I am assuming what you mean is a strong regimen of social programs mediated by a strict adherences to human rights and personal freedoms? Is that somewhat what you mean?

I'm a big-government libertarian. It's all about timeline. Birdy knows what I mean, even if she doesn't agree.

Nothing like a few beers and some political chat to come to the conclusion that our end points are one in the same, just getting there is a little different.

I think we're some good people d-rawk! :)

(silly post with too much explanation and apology necessary -- removed. dumb joke about Ron Paul and the Silicon Valley vote)

Definition of onosecond :.

(Å-nÅ-sÄ•k'É™nd)

1. (n.) The period of time one spends between pressing the send button and then realizing that they really shouldn’t have sent that e-mail message.

this may be as close as I ever get to use this word here and damn it, im gonna jump on it!

splat!

D_jango, I'm ignorant on this one!!! What is a big-government Libretarian??

Haha, well, I was being a little bit cheeky and a little bit sincere.

My libertarian friends see government as a layer requiring removal, I see the fact that government can even be distinguished from the populace such that it could be identified as something to either be or not be removed as an error in the system. This parses as right and left, but when extrapolated, actually points to a shared desired outcome.

But put like that, you'd think I was in favour of extreme direct-democracy initiatives, but I'm actually not, so that is where it starts to get complicated and where the cheekyness comes in. I think it perfectly appropriate to outsource decision making just as I think it perfectly appropriate to outsource anything else. I also have my groceries delivered to me.

I didn't mean to say everything but nothing, or for it to come across that way :(

What I typed above is actually what I think and actually what I mean. I can be too verbose, though, I recognize that. And it can sometimes lead to people tuning out halfway through what I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to communicate.