Jambands.ca

Phantasy Covers?

Chewie

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

I'll dare any band to cover " Maggot Brain ".

hey...wsp has been playing maggot brain since 92.

they put it on the shelf in 98 and 01 but it came back on this past summer tour...check it out bro!

08/10/03 Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA

1: Climb To Safety > Pigeons, Can't Get High, Blight, Rebirtha > Porch Song > I'm Not Alone > Travelin' Man > Goin' Out West

2: Thought Sausage > Action Man, Casa Del Grillo, Disco > Greta > Drums* > Maggot Brain** > Aunt Avis** > Red Hot Mama**, Pilgrims > Love Tractor

E: Can't Find My Way Home, Gradle, Fishwater

* with Cecil Daniels on percussion

** with Eric McFadden on guitar

I'd like to hear Warren Haynes take on "Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave" by Dave Mason/Traffic (Gov't Mule have already done the Mason tune "Sad And Deep As You").

I also have a weird yen to hear Paul Weller do "You Should Be Dancin'" by the Bee Gees ... I saw the Beautiful South do it live, but that time was sang falsetto (like the original) and I'd love to hear Paul Weller sing it in full tenor.

RnB

quote:

Originally posted by Rob Not Bob:

I also have a weird yen to hear Paul Weller do "You Should Be Dancin'" by the Bee Gees ... I saw the Beautiful South do it live, but that time was sang falsetto (like the original) and I'd love to hear Paul Weller sing it in full tenor.

RnB

If Paul ever did do a cover of a Bee Gees song, I'd burn all my Jam CDs.

Archived