Jambands.ca

Phil Lesh in Buffalo was insanely good! WOW!

The Chameleon

Who else went to this?

Amazing show!!!

Phil was sounding good on the bass and full of energy..

Wild set with tonnes of surprises. The Other One was vicious with Steve Molitz adding his synths and mmog sounds and Larry Campbell jamming out Dazed and Confused! Waaaaa!

Speaking of Larry Campbell he put on a clinic fingerpicking Althea like I've never heard...

Gald I was there.....

10/18/07 (Thu) Shea's Performing Arts Center - Buffalo, NY

Set 1: Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Big River, I'm So Gone, Low Spark Of High-heeled Boys (tease), The Wheel > Not Fade Away (jam), I'm So Gone, Scarlet Begonias, Fire On The Mountain

Set 2: Cosmic Charlie, Jackie Song, Althea, Cryptical Envelopment, Other One, Dazed And Confused (tease), Caution (do Not Stop On The Tracks), Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower, Sugar Magnolia, E: Love Light

Lineup: Phil Lesh - Bass, Vocals; John Molo - Drums; Jackie Green - Guitar, Vocals; Larry Cambell - Guitar; Steve Molitz - Keyboards.

pf-2007-band2.jpg

Honestly, I thought this was one of Phil's weaker shows. Just my personal preference I guess. Help>Franklins was great! Love light too. There's just something about Phil singing althea that doesn't sit well with me. It's too pretty of a song. Scarlet fire was great too. I liked the last tours line up a lot more.

Real quick:

I had a blast at this show. We ended up with 4th row tix with a killer view of all the playing going on up on stage.

Larry Campbell is fucking incredible!!!! He makes it all look so bloody easy.

The Low Spark and Dazed and Confused teases were a treat ... just too bad we didn't get to hear them fleshed-out a little more.

You forgot one tune that was a def. HIGHLIGHT for me, first set right after Big River:

Leopard- Skin Pill-Box Hat

Campbell, Green, Lesh and Molo were having a BLAST jamming on this one. I've never heard a better version. Campbell let Green go off for a bit and then schooled him with his expertise playing his own licks, then Molo and Phil tweaked the tempo a bunch of times just to see if the guitars could keep up with them. They all had shit-eating cheshire cat grins on their faces ... and so did I.

Shea's bar knows how to make a mixed drink too ... the gin and tonics were served like doubles and only $4 !!! Gotta love the dollar at par :D

Had a great time groovin' with PhunkyB and her buddy for the entire second set ... i never used my seat the entire show since the whole place was hoppin'.

705-bn-20071019-G027-revivingthedead-145911-MI0001.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg