Jambands.ca

Random Hockey Pic/Vid

Kanada Kev

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Two weekends ago, my daughter's team was in a tournament in Brantford, ON. Her rep team has been having a tough season as it is their first together and they have been learning a lot. My daughter is one of the goalies and has been outstanding. I'm so proud of her.

At this tournament they lost their first game by a 1-0 score. The goalies kept them in it, but the team just didn't have any fire in them at all. Tough start to any tourney. Fortunately they got some good rest and came back the next day to smoke a team 7-0. On Sunday they had a must-win game in order to make it into the finals. Well, they did it again winning 2-0. Now, it's the final. The girls are pumped and working hard. As a goalie parent I'm crazy nervous watching the game. They were playing the team that they lost to in the opening match. THEY DID IT. Won 2-0 to take the championship.

F the NHL ... there isn't ANYTHING like seeing your kid win a championship ... even if they are only 7 and 8 year-olds :)

My daughter won the MVP of the championship game. Her goalie partner and her let in only one goal over four games. Phenomenal.

DSC_0638.JPG

DSC_0727c__.jpg

This past weekend they were able to win again and clinch a position in the Provincial Championships a month from now!

GO HORNETS GO :)

Edited by Guest

That's great, man. Really cool that these are memories your daughter will have of you and her doing something together. I still have a vivid memory of watching my Dad jump up and cheer when I scored my first goal as a six year-old (among tons of other hockey-related good times).

Also I have to commend you on encouraging your daughter to sport the number of one of the greatest goalies of all time:

patrick-roy.jpg

You're a big man, for a Leafs fan.

Edited by Guest

hahaha ... thanks.

Actually, it is kinda funny that she is in love with Tim Thomas as her goaltending hero but wears Roy's number :) I loved Roy. I've gotten my son to wear the number 10 a couple of seasons as well (my hero was Lafleur when I was a kid). When Roy left, that was pretty much the end of my love for the Habs.

Off to Barfalo, NY this weekend to hopefully coach my son's team to a victory in a tournament there. Would be a sweet way to end the season.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...