Jambands.ca

Dickey Betts coming our way...

Swifty

A good friend of mine who has been a roadie with Dickey Betts and Great Southern has told me to get out my wife beater muscle shirt, my extra, extra large belt buckle and a case of Bud because he (Kuipers) and the good ole' southern boys are coming our way!

July 6, Thunderbay Bluesfest

17 London "

18 Winsor "

I may break out my cowboy hat for this one! [big Grin]

I'll try my best to be at the London show. No matter what, the Allmans are not really the Allmans without Betts. He can't be replaced. To me, the ABB could easily be called Greg Allman & Friends. I still think Dickie will be re-instated sometime in the future, but I ain't holding my breath. Anyway, Dickie's new album is solid and he and Great Southern will put on a great show... as long as he stays off the sauce.

I hope there is another show outside of the Bluesfest. I went to the one in London last year to see Garth Hudson and it was the lamest thing I've ever seen in London.

It was like seeing a show at a retirement home. Lawn chairs and people sleeping everywhere, mind you Garth was terrible that night.

Should be a good time. It was unfortunate how things went down between Dickey & ABB, but I think it has worked out best for both of them. Dickey seems to have cleaned up a bit and is playing better than he has in a while, and what more can you say about Warren & Derek Trucks together on the same stage?

If anyone needs to hear what DB & Great Southern are all about I have few shows from last summer I could trade or B&P.

Archived