Jambands.ca

questionable photojournalism

bouche

I'm so sick of how media takes over events with their super credentials only to publish SHIT photography. Last night in Ottawa, I watched a gorgeous firework display at the Museum of Civilisation (across the river from Parliament Hill and alongside an old bridge) and wondered how it would be covered.

I hope to find more professional photos, and maybe some video synched to the music (broadcast only on radio which is another topic of retardedness). But here is one article on canada.com with only two goddamn shitty little photos. It was the 150th of Ottawa and a pretty big visual event. Seriously, these photos are a joke.

second topic:

The deal with the display was that they were synching the show with music. However, it was broadcast only on radio. Who in the fuck carries around a radio in their pocket? There were thousands of people there that had no reference to the music involved.

I was there with andre, ollie and christine, and we were standing there near an old french lady with a shitty little radio and I enjoyed the hell out of what I heard despite the lack of fidelity.

I thanked her "Merci beaucoup pour le musique" afterwards and she had a great joy of sharing music. She was the only one in any earshot with a radio. Why was there no PA system for this? It would have been just like V for Vendetta without the parliament exploding.

I'm so sick of how media takes over events with their super credentials only to publish SHIT photography. Last night in Ottawa, I watched a gorgeous firework display at the Museum of Civilisation (across the river from Parliament Hill and alongside an old bridge) and wondered how it would be covered.

I hope to find more professional photos, and maybe some video synched to the music (broadcast only on radio which is another topic of retardedness). But here is one article on canada.com with only two goddamn shitty little photos. It was the 150th of Ottawa and a pretty big visual event. Seriously, these photos are a joke.

Did you try clicking on the Gallery: Fireworks display link in the "Related Links" sidebar at the right side of the article?

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

do you think I was that on the ball this morning after NYE?

The only thing you were "on" this morning was that wonder-drug known as righteous indignation, side-effects of which include severe reduction in peripheral vision and rational thinking ability... ;)

Aloha,

Brad