Jambands.ca

The Wire!!!! (Season 5 on Demand)

zero

I saw another thread with talk of the Wire but thought this deserved it's own thread.

You can jump right into Season 5 and get hooked and not miss out on too much (albeit the entire arc of all the characters).

Season 1 and Season 3 could effectively be watched back to back without missing anything as Season 2 is a diversion to the Baltimore docks looking at how the coke gets into the country. Haven't seen season 4 so don't blow it for me.

Was really glad to see Avon Barksdale make an appearance in the second episode as The Wire was originally about McNulty et al. setting up wire tap operations on the Barksdale West Baltimore crew. Also Proposition Joe, Method Man and a slew of other characters still pop up in the 5th.

The Wire is consistently judged by TV critics as the best television program ever. Often a 29 or 30 out of 30. This isn't just hyperbole on my part there are a lot of legitimate critics who put The Wire on the very top of their lists.

Consistently the theme song at the end of each episode strikes me like a rock of crack hit (never tried don't worry) leaving you jonesing for another hit. The show is just so well done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...