Jambands.ca

moe. Sticks and Stones - Rolling Stone Review

Jakis

I love the fact that every person that buys this album thru the presale on the moe. website get the chance to join moe. on stage to sing. I'd love to be able to say I sang a song with them on stage. For ten bucks I don't think you can go wrong. Plus you get the onstage laminate as well.

I had a chance to sing with The Slip 'on the fly' and WISELY left the stage as fast as I could because that version would have been ruined and would have been recorded for all to hear. Had I been think I would have requested my sister-in-law take my place but that would have still been a crapshoot (nothing against no one).

I dont know what your voice is like but if harmonies havent been worked out prior to said song it would be a very bad idea on their part. Realistically, their plan must include some sort of faux sound-check but does the contest also include airfare and accomodations?

;)

Aside from all that I have a question. What is with David Fricke's recent love of moe? I recall he gave the last album a fairly decent review as well. This makes me want to listen to their latest even though I otherwise would have not cared. I feel like I am missing something that I have tried really hard to get for the past couple of years but lost what I had got a few years ago.

i'll be the first to say that I'm no singer. I haven't heard the song yet but I have a feeling that you would be one of many in a chorus type setting. If it was just me and the band I don't think I would have the nerve to sing in front of a giant crowd of moe. fans (well maybe it depends if I had been drinking) It's just the novelty of being able to tell everyone that I sang with moe that has appeal.

They will be performing the same song each encore for thsi tour.. obviously with another one or two more... this isn't a contest so there is no airfare involved... if you pre ordered and received the laminate you have to let the band know which show you'll be hitting up to go up and sing... the song is Raise a Glass which is kinda an Irish drinking song they debut'd on NYE...

Just an FYI...

Edited by Guest