Jambands.ca

Oz Kafe

AD

Oh my, this place is fantastic. I'm sure some of you have been, but for those that have not, it's on Elgin between Frank and Waverley on the lower level, between Pancho Villa and Lieutenant's Pump.

Anyways, went there for Valentine's Day dinner last night and it was one of the best meals I've had in the past couple years. I was a bit disappointed as it was a table d'hote night because of the busy-ness and I really wanted to try some of the other things on the normal menu, but man, I was not disappointed after eating.

Had fairly normal fare (which is why I wanted some of the more different stuff on the normal menu, dolmas, etc) - mushroom bruschetta, main was an excellent steak with truffled potatoes, whiskey onions and wakefield mushrooms (really big straw mushrooms). Dessert was their speciality, chocolate lava cake that was soooooo good.

Anyways, I'll be going back to get more from their regular menu this weekend. It's reasonable, delicious, and the kitchen is usually open until 2 am. Great atmosphere, and Lucy is an excellent host. Oh, and the waiters actually know what the kitchen is serving and can talk about it like they know what they are saying, unlike a lot of restaurants.

I'm sure I've raved about Oz before on this site. The "different stuff" is all killer AD. Best dolmas in town. Even the scallop potatoes are awesome. I'm glad you liked it, Oz is an old friend of mine and it is great to see her do well.

Brad, the draught beer selection is limited but does include Beaus, at least.