Jambands.ca

Where ya from and what do you eat?

Hal Johnson

mom is from Montreal, so tons of tortiere and split pea soup. Dad was a classically trained French chef that spent the bulk of his career cooking for the British Royal family, so it was lots of different foods all the time but tasty!

Dad "was"; Does that mean he is no longer with us? Someone who has those kinds of credentials, I'd really love to meet. Ive cooked for a few Prime Minister's and Presidents but a Chef to the Royal family is about as good as it gets.

Fluff's old man is still around. I've been lucky enough to enjoy more then a few meals prepared by him. Back in the day, it was always fun to get stoned at Fluffhead's place and then raid his Dad's catering fridge!

Dinghy- Brian's avatar is a photo from my wedding night.

It scares me too.

Edited by Guest

Oh yeah- on the topic at hand, my family is from Newfoundland. Jig's dinner is the tradional dish. Basically boiled potatoes, turnip, cabbage, greens (turnip tops)- all drowned in butter and served with salt meat.

Breakfast included a fried dough ball called a "tautin" along with fried cod tounges. My uncle once served me seal flipper. Another uncle was an avid rabbit hunter and always made an awesome rabbit stew topped with a wicked pastry. That was good stuff.

well I am Irish/scotish/afewothers

But I've been eating all kinds of crazy stuff since I was little cause my Dad is really into adventrous cooking. My mom is also a really excellent cook...

We ate a lot of Italian food for awhile, then my dad got obsessed with Curry (you think curry is a good thing.. it is in un-coupious amounts). He is also obsessed with rizzoto.. but he makes it really mushy and a bit to rich for me..also he probably made it every sat. for like 8 years...

One thing I always love is Mac n Cheese.. My mom makes it with some tomato soup (think campbells) in with the other stuff.. it's still one of my favs :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm of British/Welsh/Norwegian heritage.

My great grandmother passed down the world's best yorkshire pudding recipe that makes having a roast beef dinner bring the entire family together to the table. That stuff is facking delicious.

Lots of sweet pickles and little pickled onions and other things always sat on our tables.

Meatpies were always a big hit in the family too... ground beef/sausage, variety of spices held together with mashed potatoes, baked in a pie and served with a chili sauce.

An abundance of chili sauces seemed to be all over the place. Goulash is a biggie too.

Bread puddings are a typical desert.

Before my dad decided to get his shit together he spent about fifteen or so years nomadically hitchhiking all over the eastern seaboard. We're big into lobster, smoked salmon and fish fry's and the like... and i contribute that to him. And a little to Norway.

Edited by Guest