Jambands.ca

Grand Theft Bus - Release 3rd album April 1.....

tweezer2001

great show from the boys last night - i really liked the way it sounded at zaphod's.

roses was over the top again, just fucking locked in and awesome.

the album is pretty killer, too... again, my favourite track is roses - i love the way it builds in with the lingering guitar part... very sweet.

dave-o sent me roses in an email a couple of weeks ago (YARRRR!), and the track made me promise myself not to miss last night's show. i'm glad I went.

I bought the album lastnight and was pushed into kicking in another 5 bucks for the compilation album thingy. There are 2 gtb tracks on it that are also on Made Upwards, plus a bunch of other east coast bands like fussy part. I think some of the gtb guys are involved in fussy part ? The merch dude was telling me stuff about it, but I forgot I still had tissue in my ears so I missed half of what he said. and I was a little drunk.

I've sent bradm's link to the audio archive around to some people in toronto that I know will love the band.

I bought the album lastnight and was pushed into kicking in another 5 bucks for the compilation album thingy. There are 2 gtb tracks on it that are also on Made Upwards, plus a bunch of other east coast bands like fussy part. I think some of the gtb guys are involved in fussy part ? The merch dude was telling me stuff about it, but I forgot I still had tissue in my ears so I missed half of what he said. and I was a little drunk.

I bought a copy of that compilation back in February (at a Share / Olympic Symphonium gig; Share's set is here. The Olympic Symphonium's is here), and like it a lot. Note that the track called "nfd" is listed as being by "bob," who is Bob Deveau of GTB. (And make sure you check out "Blood From A Stone" by The Olympic Symphonium; I think it's track #5.)

And according to The Fussy Part's bio

The Fussy Part do not feature veteran musicians Nick Cobham (All of Green, Olympic Symphonium, Fat Jebus) on guitar and vocals, Kyle Cunjak (Olympic Symphonium, Melonworks) on bass and laptop, Bob Deveau (Grand Theft Bus) on drums and laptop, Steve Dunn (All of Green) on guitar, and Dennis Goodwin (Grand Theft Bus) on keys. Even if they did play together, their strong friendship and respect for one another would be entirely useless in creating the sort of complex and rich arrangements The Fussy Part are not known for.
I've sent bradm's link to the audio archive around to some people in toronto that I know will love the band.

Thanks, bouche. I've always held that freely tradable and downloadable recordings can, in essence, turn any fan of a band into a promoter of the band. :thumbup:"

Aloha,

Brad