Jambands.ca

Obama's family tree expanded to include the Bushes and the Pitts

jayr

Funny how out off hundreds of millions of American citizens all of these leaders of the free world are related. What are the odds!!!

Barack Obama often jokes in his campaign speeches about a genealogical survey last year that found he is a distant cousin of Dick Cheney.

Now there is more bad news for Obama: a study published yesterday found he is related to George Bush as well.

Researchers at the New England Historic Genealogical Society, founded in 1845, said Obama, the son of a white woman from Kansas and a black man from Kenya, can call six US presidents his cousins: both Bushes, Gerald Ford, Lyndon Johnson, Harry Truman and James Madison. The society, a non-profit organisation, found he is also related to Churchill.

It said it investigated the blood lines of the three presidential hopefuls. One of the oddest connections is that Obama is related to Brad Pitt and Hillary Clinton to Pitt's partner, Angelina Jolie.

Clinton, who is of French-Canadian descent on her mother's side, is a distant cousin of Madonna, Céline Dion and Alanis Morissette. Other distant cousins include writer Jack Kerouac and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Obama and Bush are 10th cousins, once removed, linked by Samuel Hinkley of Cape Cod, who died in 1662. Pitt and Obama are ninth cousins, linked by Edwin Hickman, who died in Virginia in 1769. Clinton and Jolie are ninth cousins, twice removed, both related to Jean Cusson who died in Quebec in 1718.

While family trees such as these throw up interesting links, genetically they are meaningless. While children carry half the genes of their father, cousins as far removed as Obama and Bush would have no more genetic link than someone they bumped into at random in the street.

The Republican candidate, John McCain, had claimed to be related to the Scottish king Robert the Bruce but, as the Guardian disclosed last week, British genealogists debunked that. The New England genealogists found no royal strain either but established yet another Bush connection: McCain is a sixth cousin of the first lady, Laura Bush.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/26/barackobama.hillaryclinton

Very high. That is a mild article, these news stories come out all the time. The Bush's are cousins with the British Royal family, (not just Camilla as this article states.) Bush and Kerry in the last election were cousins, it's all one big happy ruling family. The British Empire never ended, it just went underground. (Or if you're into Phillip K Dick, the ROMAN empire never ended!)

It was a joke for Jayr's benefit. He mentioned David Icke, who believes the planet's elite are a species of extra-dimensional shapeshifting reptillian aliens. One of the major proofs (aside from collating a lot of historical, and mythological data about the prevalance of dragons and other large reptiles ruling ancient civilisations, which is actually kind of interesting to ponder as entertainment) is video taken where various lighting conditions make someone like say Bush seniors pupil look like a reptillian slit, which is pretty silly. But check out youtube for clips and see how many people buy into the reptillian theories without reserve.

It's true. David Icke believes (with a serious amount of research, investigation and historical facts to back him up might I add) that the world is controlled by and has been controlled by for thousands of years, an elite bloodline that includes 95% of the politicians, royalty, and secret societies that we see today. Their goal of course is NWO. He suggests that early mankind was crossbred with a race of alien reptilians and that they are still with us today. It is entertaining but other than the reptile shapeshifter thing he is (in my eyes) onto something worth checking out.

Edited by Guest

Hahaha! It is interesting! I think his worldview (which was not invented by him, I'm forgetting the name, something Sitchin, Zacharias I think) came up with most of the Reptillian stuff. Icke takes a lot of totally verifiable stuff, and then throws in the Reptiles and some new age spiritualism on top. He is interesting that's for sure. I think his beliefs would make a much more entertaining sci fi epic than the crap hollywood spins out.

• 5 months later...

Shocker.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/081008/us/politics_us_usa_politics_palin_ancestry_1

Palin may be related to Princess Diana, Roosevelt

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is distantly related to the late Princess Diana and late U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt, genealogy experts said on Wednesday.

The governor of Alaska and the princess are tenth cousins, while Palin and Roosevelt are ninth cousins once removed, said Ancestry.com, online genealogists based in Provo, Utah.

The genealogical connections are not the first to gain attention in the U.S. presidential campaign. Last year, Lynne Cheney said she found while tracing her family roots that her husband Vice President Dick Cheney was a distant cousin of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

Other researchers discovered Obama is distant cousins with actor Brad Pitt.

"When you've got candidates who have deep roots in America, there's a good chance that they're going to have some famous cousins," said Ancestry.com's chief family historian Megan Smolenyak.

"We've all got literally millions of cousins. The trick is finding that one little connection that results in something like Sarah Palin being related to FDR or Diana," she said.

Palin and the late princess descended from John Strong and his wife Abigail Ford, Ancestry.com said.

Strong was born around 1605 in England and emigrated to the United States, where he died in Massachusetts in 1699, Ancestry.com said.

Palin and Roosevelt share ancestor John Lothrop, who was born in England in 1584 and also emigrated to America, where he died in Massachusetts in 1653, Ancestry.com said.

According to family and local histories, Lothrop was a Puritan Presbyterian minister who arrived in the Massachusetts colony in 1634, said Ancestry.com, which says it has access to 7 billion records online.

I'm an anthropology grad... he's full of shit.

Any time anybody tries to say that aliens or monsters are at the root of all the worlds problems I think we can soundly say that they're no longer relying on science. I'm far more likely to believe in a Universal consciousness than fucking reptile Saudi's running the world... the real Saudi royal family is sinister enough without being aliens... it's actually pretty racist stuff.

Well folks, it's not hard to fathom that these people are related. If you do the research you as well are likely related to some important people.

I'm related to royalty, Trudeau, Celine Dion, and many prominent businessmen and politicians from the past several hundred years.

One of my ancestors was the first people to cast the plow from iron.

The first person to be baptized in new france, Many of the people that built Quebec city, and even Abraham Martin who owned the land that the French were slaughtered on to change Quebec from French rule to British.

Even after all of that, I'm still most impressed by my ancestor town owner who coined a saying by painting his town Democrat Red when a local democrat beat out the deeply seeded Republican.

I guess that's why I always liked to have a reason to 'paint the town red'

I think I'm probably related to a great number of people on this board to some degree, not that anyone would like to admit it.

As far as the Atlantis theory, it's safe to say that the empire is still thriving. If you go to the Vatican you'll see many Egyptian looking statues and artifacts. In fact they are some of the largest statues there.

Make it out to be reptilian if you care to, but a one-world-religion or NWO isn't really that unfathomable.

It's pretty clever how we've been sold on globalization and any attempt for a nation state to be self-sufficient and on-their-own has resulted in them being labelled as a terrorist nation.

While there are advantages to one big unified system, as it's probably best to look at the world as one big family, it's also something that can be entirely distractionary and unhealthy.

I wouldn't want to have to cook thanksgiving dinner for EVERYBODY. I don't think I'd be able to buy enough potatoes.

As far as the Atlantis theory, it's safe to say that the empire is still thriving. If you go to the Vatican you'll see many Egyptian looking statues and artifacts. In fact they are some of the largest statues there.

Make it out to be reptilian if you care to, but a one-world-religion or NWO isn't really that unfathomable.

The goal of a one world government is the goal OF government... think about it, why rule just here when you can rule everywhere?

Atlantis on the other hand is an excellent way to say that Europe trashed the memory of black and African contributions to "Western" history and we don't want to think about it. The columns and other artifacts at the Vatican ARE FROM EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!! They were recovered by several waves of "Crusaders" and "explorers" who "discovered" the "orient"... or rather they were stolen by Popes and Emporors such as Napoleon and then installed as evidence of the legitimacy, primacy and unity of the ONE god that Christians espouse.

A more realistic and still romantic belief than this Icky guy that does have much merit is that Christianity is the continuation of a vast and not so secret religion which represented royal families as personifications of the sun. The wealth of a ruling family was it's legitimacy and the strength of the ruling family depended on the beliefs of their followers and their willingness to follow as a force. Empires were built on beliefs of legitimate kingship-though-descent and there is reason to beleive that cults of this belief still exist and exert influence on real everyday politics. Certain Shi'ia communities of Islam feel that they are protecting or following the righteous heir of the Prophet and that there can be no legitimate democracy. The Anglican Church was based on the idea that the heir to the Kingdom of England is the righteous head of the Church of England and therefore the only legitimate head of the military as defender of the nation.

The first Pharoahs of Egypt were Nubian and therefore dark-skinned. Towards 1700 BC "Asiatic" merchant/mercenary immigrants from the Hejaz (Saudi Arabia) and Greece-Phoenecia-Palestine arrived because of Egyptian prosperity. The leadership of the Egyptian empire was eventually gained by a new ruling family from the immigrant classes and these Pharoahs of the New Kingdon began to erase and alter images of the "Black" Pharoahs, a process that continued long after Alexander's exalted reign (of miscreant, unnecesary terror and destruction of history).

Similarities between ancient cultures can actually be explained if we take into acount the impact of racist expectations and beliefs on the readings of the past that are most popularly recognized. The reed boats of the Ethiopian highlands and the vessels used by Polynesians/Melanesians to cross the ocean to Samoa and Hawai thousands of years ago also resemble the First Nations canoes that we are familiar with here in Canada. The boats of the Haida are quite capable of open-water travel although the people rarely use them to do so. There are records of a particualr Chinese explorer who came to the American Archipelago and returned with wild stories at least a thousand years before Vikings let alone Columbus. The prescence of Coca in tombs in Egypt and Great Zimbabwe predate European contact with the "New World" and likewise Ganja in North American remains is not native to this side of the world and some has been found to predate Conquest/Colonisation.

Point being that racist scholars refuse to accept the recent research that argues the efficacy of traditional technologies in doing just these things, because the "mind of the savage is not sophisticated enough"... we are all evolved to the same degree... some of us have different degrees of mechanical understanding and some of us disregard our place in the natural order of this planet, but we really are the same animal.

Even creepy secret sociey guys...

except for Cheney.

Edited by Guest
why would I have to check the spelling on a three hundred word rant?