Jambands.ca

TIPS FOR TRAVELING EUROPE (AMSTERDAM)

jay sanislo

Hey guys me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to europe at the end of oct. We are are landing in amsterdam staying there for a few days, then down to brussels, then to paris, and hopefully a ferry ride to shannon side ireland to see the cliffs of moher. I am interested in hearing other peoples stories form amsterdam, where to go and not to go. In pris we hope to see the eifel(sp) tower and jim morrisons grave. Belguim we hope to have some waffles and some site seeing. So any tips or storys you guys could share would be much appreciated. The only down side of this is if this kimmock show is happening its smack in the middle of when we are gone.

Ps: im sorry this has nothing to do with music, but i remember a few people talkin about some trips out there

Amsterdam:

Rijksmuseum

Rembrandthuis(Rembrandt's House)

Van Gogh museum

Marijuana & hash museum

Dampkring (coffee shop)

Smart shops(you'll see)

Red Light district

Canal Tour

Blauw aan de Wal (great place to eat)

Bull dog cafe(any of them)

Grasshopper (coffe shop)

Dam square

Melkweg

Bluebird

Doors cafe

Sebrie cafe

watch out for the green phone booth looking things,its for pissing

Paris:

Lourve(plan this as a whole day maybe two,its huge)

Pere La Chaise cemetary(Morrison)

Eiffel tower

Picasso Museum

Church of Nortre dame

I say walk as much as possible,I did and it was great,it was Nov too and the weather was great.

Brussels:

The main square(forget the name)

Brewery tours

Botanical gardens

Manneken-pis

Drug opera

autoworld

check out alot of the bars,some really good music happening.

Watch out for Louise blvd..its the Roday-o(sp?) drive of Brussels.

Remember in Brussels you have to contend with about three lanuages Belgium french,french & Flemish.When I was there the eruo wasnt the currency of europe yet,so I cant help on that.

Very friendly folks there.

I say do loads of walking,you'll find the best places.

This is all I can ring off my head,but if we get a chance I will bring ya some maps to some off the beaten path places in each of these cities

Cheers~

When I was in Scotland, I went to the travel agency to see about a trip to Paris. While I was there I noticed how many other trips were available. A trip to Paris for 2 nights/3 days, flight and hotel only was 100 pounds. A trip to Africa for a full week, flight, hotel and all meals was 120 pounds. So I went to Africa.

My tip...

Remember you are already over the ocean. Places that would cost a fortune to get to from here are cheap over there. Shop around, you'll be amazed at what you could pull off!!!

quote:

Remember you are already over the ocean. Places that would cost a fortune to get to from here are cheap over there. Shop around, you'll be amazed at what you could pull off!!!

Yes,I forgot about that stuff also,a flight to Spain from Gatwick airport(in 97 anyway) return was only 80 pounds.

My brother lives in Aberdeen Scotland and his family & him head for south Spain each January to get away from the cold,here compares it to how much it costs us to fly to Jamaica or florida.

hmmm,is the writing in this post really big or is it my computer?Think I have somthing wrong happening here...whats it look like to you?

Archived