Jambands.ca

Buy Nothing Day 11.28.03

Esau

Just thought I would post this now,kinda early I know,but heres a heads up.

-

Fall is in the air. That can mean only one thing for jammers: Buy Nothing Day is approaching. Around the world, preparations have begun. From groups in the UK, America, Brazil and Japan, the emails and inquiries are streaming in. The Adbusters campaign team is busily working to ensure Buy Nothing Day on November 28, 2003, will be huge.

Last year we watched the pig take CNN; we saw parades clog Wal-Mart aisles; we heard cash registers silenced by the thousands. For 24 hours, millions of people ditched consumer culture and by all accounts it was a smashing success.

BND has become a flashpoint. For people of all stripes, it’s a day to celebrate and come together. Adbusters is helping it all happen.

Here’s what’s on offer at our BND Center:

If you have actions planned or in the works, post your contact information to our contacts list. If you’re looking for folks acting up in your area, this is where to find them.

Need posters, clip-art, handbills, radio-clips or stickers? No problem. All the promotional goods are ready. Download away.

If you’re stuck for ideas or need some inspiration, we’ve got reports from previous BNDs in our archive. There’s some great tactics there, so check it out.

Be in touch as your plans come together,

Happy jamming.

http://www.adbusters.org/home/

-

ive organized a buy nothing day the past 2 years at school. botht imes weve been shut down as quick as possible. the school has a deal with the aramark corporation (the cafateria) that they will make a certain profit every day. because of BND, aparently there was a 'crisis'. we attempted to hand out free fruit and drinks, but werent allowed because it would detract from the cafateries revenue. so buy nothing day slowly turned into an anti-aramark day, with anti-aramark flyers and all. i ended up being a verysuccesdull day and im going to set up a 3rd this year.

You're not being a weenie - you're just pointing out the hilarious truth.

Buy nothing day - with the corporate ideal of beauty as the spokesperson on the poster. All that is going to do is make people go out and buy crap to make their hair look like hers.

I don't see what this is going to change really. All it does is make the lineups shorter for people who shop on this day!

Colin

Hard to debate when I seen it sorta the same way,thought it was a little strange.But I am familiar to AdBusters and their antics and just emailed them with my question & thoughts.

http://adbusters.org/information/contact/

Seems they would know better then I would.

....also name calling isn't my thing,left it back in grade school. [Cool]

quote:

PalacePrincess wrote:

well for one thing, they didn't pay for that picture, it's stolen from maxim or stuff (don't remember which)

I emailed them about this and was told all is legal here.Please let me know where did you find this out?Or is this an blind accusation? [Roll Eyes]

Archived