Jambands.ca

Computer Nerds, Help!!!

Schwa.

In all seriousness, check what items appear in your 'Startup' menu. There may be all kinds of junk running in there. If there is, make note of it and post it here. We can figure out what to get rid of. There's also a secret registry location that could be running stuff at startup but we'll check that later.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet fellas, thanks. I have to go to work now and sling some beer but i'll keep you posted after i get home and check shit out.

quote:

scandisk and defrag are only the first few steps. I have little faith that that alone will resolve your issues.

No soup for you basher! 3 months!

quote:

Originally posted by Schwa.:

Sweet fellas, thanks. I have to go to work now and sling some beer but i'll keep you posted after i get home and check shit out.

quote:

scandisk and defrag are only the first few steps. I have little faith that that alone will resolve your issues.

No soup for you basher! 3 months!

I'm just setting expectations Schwa!

i don't recognize any of them. they all say shit like: navapv32 and gmt and cmsys....

..and how do you do a screen shot, and what does it do?

I also unplugged from the internet and started the defrag and left for 15 minutes and it hadn't started yet. How long shoudl it take before it gets going?

shwa, while correct, do the scandisk first, you really should be in safemode when doing the defrag and scandisk....

i've sat and closed every running program from my task manager, unplugged my modem, and my defrag still wouldn't go.

if you restart your comp, press F8, then choose safemode, you will have no problem doing what your trying to do...

A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to all involved with cleaning up this piece of shit, especially WIlly, thanks bro. That poor guy spent an hour on the phone and about 2 more on messenger helping me out today! Its running fine now except guess where? The Sanctuary. I have no idea why but my cursor is having trouble keeping up with my typing and deleting but that i can live with i guess. I have that list written down now bouche for future reference of who the geeks are, thanks again guys, this one's for you!

-

Archived