Jambands.ca

Dsico Buscuits BUSTED!!!

The Chameleon

Disco Biscuits Get Busted En Route to Bonnaroo

Posted Jun 17th 2008 5:30PM by Benjy Eisen

Filed under: News, Exclusive, Bonnaroo

Story link

discobiscuits.jpg

The Disco Biscuits took their late-night set to new heights on Friday at Bonnaroo, performing straight on 'til daybreak. A three-hour marathon that went more than an hour past their 4am scheduled stop, the Biscuits had special encouragement to play their hearts out -- it was a direct order from Tennessee's Cumberland County police department, who stopped them en route, searched their tour bus, and wrote citations to certain members of the band and crew for carrying personal amounts of marijuana.

During the song 'Nughuffer,' bassist Marc Brownstein recounted the events with his typical humor and flair, claiming the officer hugged him and told the band to "play the best set of their life," even after confiscating their pot and writing citations. Brownstein then asked the officer if he could have just a small amount of it back so he could twist one up for the final 90 minute stretch to the festival. When the cop obviously said no, Brownstein told him he was going to do a search of his tour bus twice as hard as the police because he was sure he could find something left, somewhere. We're pretty sure he was right.

This was already posted word for word in one of the Bonnarroo threads..

And though a lot of Brownie tales are exaggerrated and/or embelished, this is in fact an accurate reporting of what actually went down...as per a friend of mine who does lights for the Biscuits and who also got busted with the band ($600 fine + citation).

i have a bisco-crazy friend and she said that story is probably fake

"when ever they play nughuffer they tell a pot smoking story and this is what they happened to tell..I think it convinced a lot of people

but its not true. "

As noted, this was confirmed by someone who was there..