Jambands.ca

KFC Canada Offers Vegan Chicken!

Basher

It's absolutely a loss leader for them...but not like a "what a cool sandwich, let's lose money on it to get people back in our stores". It's more of a "we have lost total faith in our ability to sell" kind of loss leader. It's very funny to me. You'd think PETA would get off their backs once they improved their chicken rearing and killing but to also create a dumbass sandwich?

• 1 month later...

I hadn't had KFC in well over a decade til last weekend. It was a decent veggie burger.

And I'm glad they now offer the option--not cuz KFC is going to be a place I'm going to eat now, but, because, they now offer the option. Who knows who might choose it--but at least it's there.

And I'm happy because they've committed to be less dickish in the way they treat the animals they kill. That's huge.

I'm not sure how omnivores who often don't give a second thought about the origins of what they're consuming can complain about a positive move made towards animal rights...but I guess we're a debating bunch, as a society.

I don't care how ridiculous the whole thing is, or how skeptical everyone is about the motives of the parties involved, the bottom line is that KFC now seems to be committed to being more humane in their treatment of animals and is offering a veg (or, at least, veggie-er) option.

Every little bit helps.