Jambands.ca

It's about time somebody made it!

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you broke up with Bacon n' Eggs?

baconscarf.jpg

A Bacon and Eggs Scarf

"The bacon curls just a bit to give it a more realistic look, and is approximately 5" wide and 5' long. The eggs are pinned on using standard safety pins, and can be repositioned to suit your fancy or removed altogether for those events requiring a bit more solemnity."

article-1088761-0291A773000005DC-79_233x403.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1088761/Sold-6-bar---tastebud-sensation-thats-mix-milk-chocolate-smokey-bacon.html

Sold out at £6 a bar ... the tastebud sensation that's a mix of milk chocolate and smokey bacon

By Tamara Cohen Last updated at 4:04 PM on 24th November 2008

In a league of favourite foods, bacon and chocolate would both be near the top.

Usually, it has to be said, eaten separately.

Now, however, confectioners have combined the two in the world's first bacon chocolate bar. And it is proving a major success with British customers.

The unlikely hit Christmas gift is Mo's Bacon Bar, which contains chunks of applewood smoked bacon combined with smoked salt and milk chocolate.

At £5.99 per 3oz bar it is far from a cheap treat, but Selfridges – the only UK stockist – sold its entire stock of several hundred within 48 hours at its four stores and has urgently ordered more.

The manufacturer, Chicago-based Vosges Haut-Chocolat, encourages first-time buyers to 'engage your five senses … let the lust of salt and sweet coat your tongue'.

Ewan Venters, food and restaurant director at Selfridges, said: 'Bacon and chocolate sounds like a strange combination, but the execution is fantastic. It's a real explosion of flavours and people love it.

'Some of the combinations were really surprising like putting curry in chocolate but it works.

'There has been a real revolution in luxury chocolate, as there was with wine a few years ago. People are much more knowledgeable about it and there is a growing demand for these high quality, exotic products instead of a box of Milk Tray.'

A hesitant Claudia Connell bravely puts it to the test

It's fair to say that I'm something of a chocolate addict and munch my way through at least two bars a day, writes Claudia Connell.

And I have an equally piggy appetite for bacon. I like it streaky, crispy, unsmoked and Sunday mornings simply wouldn't be the same without it. But it would never have crossed my mind to combine the two.

article-1088761-0291B32E000005DC-592_468x361.jpg

When it comes to eating my chocolate I've always followed the same formula: unwrap, stuff in mouth, do not share at any, any cost.

But the bacon bar is no ordinary piece of confectionery and it comes with a unique set of instructions.

First I am to breathe in deeply and engage my five senses. I must caress the chocolate to release the aroma and then place a tiny piece in my mouth.

I have to say that there's no need to 'release the aroma' as it's already there in all its pungent glory and as for putting a tiny piece in my mouth – thank goodness I did, because it is quite simply the most unpleasant thing ever to have passed my lips.

The chocolate is intensely salty and the smokey bacon pieces are horribly out of place in something so sweet.

The whole sensation is like eating chocolate that has been dunked in an overflowing ashtray. One hour after eating half a square, the bitter after-taste lingers on.

It just goes to prove that certain foods should never be placed together. I don't want jelly babies on my pizza. I'm not interested in Jaffa Cakes and chips.

And I definitely won't be eating bacon-flavoured chocolate again.

I'm totally ordering this...

11641.jpg

What Would Bacon Do? Deluxe Spin Folder

Decisions are hard. Bacon is tasty. This fun, 9-1/2" x 12" glossy folder gives you a way to distract yourself from important decisions by contemplating the versatility of your favorite cured meat. Features classic spinner technology; just flick the spinner and watch it twirl round and round before stopping on an answer.

What Would Bacon Do? Deluxe Spin Folder

item 11641

$4.95 ea.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bacon Man!

http://www.spike.com/blog/bacon-man-is-king-of/73513

1233687553132.jpg

1233687550508.jpg

1233687551896.jpg

The Bacon Man is an avatar about the size of a 10-year-old human made of sweet, sweet, bacon. Knocking on the door of cannibalism? Possibly. Worth it? Definitely.

Bacon man was born when Super Sized Meals user Billy’s brain was impregnated by, like, 3 pounds of bacon. Orginally ripped from the self-described a-hole of the internet, 4Chan, Bacon Man looks delicious because Bacon Man is made entirely of bacon. He is also, possibly, a savory reference to Burning Man. Sweet, high-temperature hedonism!