Jambands.ca

Presidential Campaign 2008

Kanada Kev

So shit keeps on spilling out on how the GOP continues it's deception and lies during this RNC and campaign. The Dems have been up to some trickery too, but nothing holds a candle to those Republicans IMHO.

Here are a couple of interesting pieces on their video/images from speeches held the other day at the RNC:

Fake Soldiers Used In RNC Video

Patriotic Montage Shown At RNC Featured Actors Hired For One Day Shoot, Not Military

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/04/cbsnews_investigates/main4415886.shtml

McCain, Palin invoke live footage of 9/11 planes crashing in RNC video

http://massengagement.typepad.com/main/2008/09/mccain-palin-invoke-live-footage-of-911-planes-crashing-in-rnc-video.html

Edited by Guest

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else watch the first segment of the Palin interview on CBS last night? Holy fuck! It's hard to imagine that this woman could very possibly be the leader of the USA in a short period of time. She answered questions in such a canned manner that I thought I was watching a Miss America pageant ;) She is so full of BS her eyes are brown.

More tripe spewing forth from Mr. McCain:

As Wall Street collapses, McCain declares that ‘the fundamentals of our economy are strong.’»

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/15/as-wall-street-collapses-mccain-declares-that-the-funamentals-of-our-economy-are-strong/

Speaking in Florida this morning — the very day that two of Wall Street’s major banking institutions collapsed — Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) declared he “still†believes “the fundamentals of our economy are strong.†Watch it:

Though McCain noted that “these are very, very difficult times,†he seemed oblivious to today’s evidence of the crumbling foundations of the economy, with the Dow Jones industrial average dropping 300 points in the first 15 minutes of trading this morning. Yesterday, former Fed chief Alan Greenspan said this economy is the worst he has ever seen. (HT: Ben Smith)

and Joe Biden's response (i can't wait until the VP debates to watch him dismantle Palin ):

Great Obama quote from yesterday:

"But now suddenly, John McCain says he is about change, too. He even started using some of my lines. Suddenly he says he wants 'to turn the page.' He had an ad today that he started running that he and Gov. Palin would bring the change that we need. He had this in an advertisement. Sound familiar? Let me tell you something, instead of borrowing my lines he needs to borrow our ideas," Obama said.

He followed up with a dig at lobbyists, saying "if you think those lobbyists are working day and night for John McCain just to put themselves out of business, well, then, I've got a bridge to sell you up in Alaska."

Edited by Guest

LOL ... Deadheads are going to put Obama over the top!!!!! ;)

http://www.phillyturkey.com/Arts&Entertainment/090908.asp

Grateful Dead to Help Obama Win Crucial Dick’s Picks Vote

September 9, 2008 – The Grateful Dead’s surviving members last week announced a Penn State benefit concert for Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama–a move that analysts now say could help Obama win Pennsylvania's crucial Dick's Picks vote. "Certainly, the support of soccer moms, blue-collar workers, and suburban independents will be important [to Obama]," said Jean Tarver of the Harrisburg Patriot-News. "But just as important are the thousands of Pennsylvanians who understand the true historical significance of 12/26/79, Oakland Auditorium Arena."

Grateful Dead to Help Obama Win Crucial Dick’s Picks VoteObama campaign adviser David Plouffe agreed. "The Deadhead vote is vital to our success in a swing state like Pennsylvania," he said by telephone from St. Louis. "And Barack Obama understands their needs–whether it's a vinyl rerelease of Workingman's Dead or a new full-length from The Other Ones." Philadelphia Inquirer political reporter Larry Eichel added that "the struggles of the average American have been well-chronicled throughout the campaign–but the same can't be said for the struggles of the rabid Dead fan. Things have been very tough for them ever since Jerry [Garcia] died."

In the wake of the band's announcement, Dalevue resident and Dick's Picks Vol. 16 enthusiast Brett Phelan, 57, seemed to view Obama's candidacy in a new light. "I wasn't really thinking I was even gonna vote, honestly," he admitted as he slurped on a tofu-kiwi smoothie. "But if Bobby [Weir] and the boys say to vote Obama, well, your ears kinda perk up a little bit–just like in the last five minutes of 'Dark Star'." Such a wholesale reassessment pleased Plouffe. "We're going to need all the help we can get in Pennsylvania," he admitted. "But if we've got the Terrapin Station crowd on our side, well, we're going to be tough to beat."

http://www.cbc.ca/world/usvotes/story/2008/09/24/us-polls.html

John McCain announced on Wednesday he will suspend his presidential campaign to focus on reaching an agreement in Congress on the White House's proposed $700-billion bailout of the country's financial markets.

In a statement, the Arizona Republican senator said he is directing his staff to work with Democratic rival Barack Obama's campaign and the debate commission to delay Friday's debate because of the economic crisis.

Aloha,

Brad

With McCain proposing to delay the debate on Friday because of all the stuff going on with the bailouts, someone needs to point out that the debate should definitely go on, if for no other reason than to see which of the candidates handles himself (especially communicatively, to the public) during times of high pressure. Forget about their policies, I want to see each of them demonstrate how he behaves under pressure; I'd also be watching to see how each candidate balanced making deals on the hill (however important, however much they were needed, just the usual Washington legislative activities) against preparing and getting a message across to the public effectively, because skill in both is important for a leader to have.

Aloha,

Brad