Jambands.ca

Presidential Campaign 2008

Kanada Kev

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama compared to mass murderer Charles Manson at Palin/Coleman rally in MN

Via the Minnesota Independent we learn that a McCain/Palin supporter compared Obama to mass murderer Charles Manson during a rally for First Dude Todd Palin and Republican Senator Norm Coleman (who is about to lose to Al Franken) in Minnesota. And, as usual, no one at the McCain/Palin rally did a thing about it. It's also interesting that the person even got into the rally with his own sign - these kind of things are often stopped at the door, since the campaign doesn't want errant messages - or worse, protesters, raising signs in front of the candidates. Yet a sign comparing Obama to a mass murderer miraculously slips through. Maybe the Secret Service was busy making sandwiches for Todd.

McCain/Palin: Hate we can believe in.

Edited by Guest

Both sites now bookmarked. Thanks Al!!!

This has been a crazy race, but ultimately of huge importance for the future. With a solid lead, things are looking good for Obama. However, I like his tact of reminding people that it isn't over yet. There's still a couple of more weeks where something unbelievable/ridiculous/mind-boggling could happen. The GOP are drowning and may just pull a few more desperation moves while they go down.

Holy smokes, that is vile, KK! Yikes.

And check this out -

racist16_400.jpg

A California Republican group's latest newsletter shows Barack Obama on a $10 food stamp. The picture shows Obama eating fried chicken, watermelon and ribs, an image that harks back to old derogatory stereotypes about African-Americans.

Diane Fedele, the president of the responsible organization, Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated, says the image was distributed without any racist intent. "I never connected," she told a local newspaper. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."

Diane Fedele, the president of the responsible organization, Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated, says the image was distributed without any racist intent. "I never connected," she told a local newspaper. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."

By that logic manslaughter shouldn't be a crime.

And here's the photo that Powell was talking about. Powerful:

080929_slideshowplaton16_p465.jpg

This summer, the photographer Platon took pictures of hundreds of men and women who volunteered to serve in the military and were sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. He followed them on their journey through training and deployment, after demobilization and in hospitals, to compile a portrait of the dedication of the armed services today. Sergeant Tim Johannsen, who lost both legs when he drove over an I.E.D. on his second tour of duty in Iraq, made a point of buying an Army T-shirt to wear in his photograph. Of his sacrifice, he said, “It’s just part of the job. You know what you signed up for.†Sergeant Matthis Chiroux, a military reporter who has become a vocal opponent of the Iraq war, says that he and others like him “take our activism as a continuation of our oath of service.†Like many who enlist, Johannsen and Chiroux come from military families. Sergeant John McKay, a marine whose uncle and grandfather were marines, and whose three-year-old son posed in uniform at the wedding of a cousin, also a marine, said, “He’s just waiting till he’s eighteen.†He went on, “I’m scared for him, but if he wants to do it I’ll support him.â€

http://www.newyorker.com/online/2008/09/29/slideshow_080929_platon?slide=16

Scott McClellan has endorsed Obama! Chalk up another dissatisfied repub. (well, I guess we knew he was pretty dissatisfied after the book, but y'know)

[and holy crap KK, just watched that last YouTube clip. Oof! Man I'd love to have the chance to try to talk some sense into that woman, though I'm sure I'd never get anywhere with it]

Edited by Guest
If I'm going to get so uppity about words like 'gay' I shouldn't be so cavalier with words like 'crazy'

it's funny ... the more I see the recent Obama rallies on TV, the more I think this guy really has something special. sure, he's a 'politician' and therefore should not be trusted, but it's fascinating to see how he is captivating so many people so strongly.

it's kinda making me nervously excited for some reason.

it's funny ... the more I see the recent Obama rallies on TV, the more I think this guy really has something special. sure, he's a 'politician' and therefore should not be trusted, but it's fascinating to see how he is captivating so many people so strongly.

it's kinda making me nervously excited for some reason.

The guy definitely has something special. He just has this presence. It's why the Dead have supported him. IIRC Phil mentioned that he had not come across somebody like this since Bobby Kennedy. Which makes him very exciting. And also makes me very nervous.

it's kind of strange that McCain/Palin would criticize Obama for being so eloquent. since when was that a bad thing?!?

it's kind of strange that McCain/Palin would criticize Obama for being so eloquent. since when was that a bad thing?!?

[color:purple]It's because it confuses "real" Americans!!!

The GOP is done. The more seats the Dems win the better. Predictions of an all out civil war inside the RNC could kill the party. Palin is on a power trip while McCain is going to be the RNC whipping-boy for losing this (even though i'm sure it wasn't his idea solely to have Palin run with him).

[color:purple]It's because it confuses "real" Americans!!!

and elite has also become a pejorative term in both Canadian and American politics which is also bizarre.

The GOP is done. The more seats the Dems win the better. Predictions of an all out civil war inside the RNC could kill the party. Palin is on a power trip while McCain is going to be the RNC whipping-boy for losing this (even though i'm sure it wasn't his idea solely to have Palin run with him)

I hope you are right about the GOP being done. Palin is apparently positioning herself for a run at the 2012 nomination and as one of the next leaders of the GOP. I predict she gets eaten alive by her opponents within the GOP. but she has already surpassed all of my expectations and really surprised me. so, who knows?

I won't believe an Obama victory until it really happens. State polls lag behind the national polls, and there really is so much uncertainty. Shirley still thinks that there the Unites States will elect Obama and that people are not being truthful in the polls.

well, they elected dubya - twice. (you know, kinda sorta, wink wink) so, you can't rule out her getting elected in 2012. wouldn't that just be a big kick in the face? but in the meantime, if obama can do just one thing, i'd want it to be to restore some integrity to the whole game - and help people see the stupidity of even considering electing an appealing, yet utterly unqualified, character like palin.