Jambands.ca

Presidential Campaign 2008

Kanada Kev

McCain is a very angry man. After reading the extended article in the upcoming Rolling Stone magazine about his past and his uncontrollable anger, this video doesn't surprise me at all. Just think, 30 military and gov't officials have formally complained about his anger over the years. Just think about how many didn't.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foo Fighters are PISSED at McCain:

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/foo-fighters-slam-john-mccain-for-unauthorized-use/22200/

Foo Fighters slam John McCain for unauthorized use of "My Hero"

October 8, 2008 11:42 a.m. by Nick Neyland

The Republican Party has courted plenty of trouble with its appropriation of popular songs during the presidential election campaign. Heart’s Nancy Wilson memorably said she felt “completely fucked over†by Sarah Palin’s use of the band’s “Barracuda,†while Van Halen asked John McCain to stop using their Sammy Hagar-era song “Right Now.â€

Now Foo Fighters have stepped into the breach, issuing a statement denouncing McCain’s use of “My Hero†during his campaign. In a preamble to an official statement issued by the band, they talk of McCain using “a number of unauthorized theme songs†during his presidential bid, and mention how no permission was sought from “the band, its management, record label or publisher.â€

Here’s the official statement from the band:

"This isn't the first time the McCain campaign has used a song without making any attempt to get approval or permission from the artist. It's frustrating and infuriating that someone who claims to speak for the American people would repeatedly show such little respect for creativity and intellectual property. The saddest thing about this is that 'My Hero' was written as a celebration of the common man and his extraordinary potential. To have it appropriated without our knowledge and used in a manner that perverts the original sentiment of the lyric just tarnishes the song. We hope that the McCain campaign will do the right thing and stop using our song--and start asking artists' permission in general!"

That's fugged up. They should sue the bastard (can they?)

Unfugginbelievable! Unfortunately this sort of thing will raise its ugly head come voting day in the US. Sad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/12/man-holds-monkey-doll-wit_n_133965.html

Man Holds Monkey Doll With Obama Sticker At Palin Rally (VIDEO)

CBS reports:

As the crowd cheered at a Sarah Palin rally this morning in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, a man in the audience grinned as he held up a stuffed monkey doll with a Barack Obama bumper sticker wrapped across its forehead.

After Palin finished her remarks this morning, the man holding the stuffed monkey seemed to notice that a video camera was pointed at him, at which point he removed the Obama sticker from the doll's head and crumpling it up in his hand. He then handed the doll to a young boy who was watching the rally from his father's shoulders. The boy's parents later told CBS News that they weren't acquainted with the man who gave their son the stuffed monkey.

But in this video, the man is clearly proud of his work:

HA! For those who have felt fucked by their gov't, they can now fuck 'em back!!!

http://headostate.com/home.htm

headostate_pkg.png

He stands 7½ inches tall, nearly 2 inches in diameter, with a golden color and firm, smooth feel. Made in the USA from the finest TPR rubber, phthalate-free, waterproof, with no batteries required. The Head O State will stand upright and last the whole night through.

Not recommended for the dishwasher or for use by children.

Not recommended for children?

bigSpin.gif

http://blog.indecision2008.com/2008/10/09/of-course-theres-a-sarah-palin-sex-doll/

notsarahpalin.jpg

The sexy 'This is Not Sarah Palin Inflatable Love Doll' won't debate you -- and that's a good thing. Her wide-open mouth doesn't spew political bipartisanism because she's just waiting for you to 'drill baby, drill.' Two other openings offer alternate ways to lay a pipeline in this Alaskan MILF.

"Topco Sales is also offering the blow-up doll as a stand-in for Palin during the next Biden/Palin vice presidential debate. The 'This is Not Sarah Palin Inflatable Love Doll' already has that moose-caught-in the headlight stare, and certainly knows more about foreign policy -- having been manufactured in China and all," says Desiree Duffie, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Topco Sales."

bushbuttplug.gif

Edited by Guest

Yup, McCain Says He'll "Whip" Obama's "You-Know-What"...BRING UP "RADICAL" CONNECTIONS, BILL AYERS, ACORN...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/15/presidential-debate-previ_n_134771.html

Obama's gonna kick-ass tonight and put the McCain smear campaign in its place. Three strikes and you're out ... look for the third one tonight.

I'm predicting that this one won't be nearly as dull as the first two. McCain is gasping for air ...

don't forget about the saturday night live election special tonight at 8:30*

* double-check the time, i'm just guessing here...

According to

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/

it's on at 9:30pm (8:30pm Central time).

last week's was great

Last week's episode can be viewed at

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/categories/weekend-update-thursdays/29439/

Aloha,

Brad

Scary shit.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/mccainpalin-supporters-let-their-rac

It was kind of strange, dintcha think, that John McCain came to the defense of his supporters last night after Barack Obama pointed out that people at McCain/Palin rallies were shouting out "terrorist" and "kill him!" in reference to Obama.

Now an Al Jazeera camera crew caught the honest sentiments of McCain/Palin supporters at an Ohio rally:

“I’m afraid if he wins, the blacks will take over. He’s not a Christian! This is a Christian nation! What is our country gonna end up like?â€

“When you got a Negra running for president, you need a first stringer. He’s definitely a second stringer.â€

“He seems like a sheep - or a wolf in sheep’s clothing to be honest with you. And I believe Palin - she’s filled with the Holy Spirit, and I believe she’s gonna bring honesty and integrity to the White House.â€

“He’s related to a known terrorist, for one.â€

“He is friends with a terrorist of this country!â€

“He must support terrorists! You know, uh, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. And that to me is Obama.â€

“Just the whole, Muslim thing, and everything, and everybody’s still kinda - a lot of people have forgotten about 9/11, but… I dunno, it’s just kinda… a little unnerving.â€

“Obama and his wife, I’m concerned that they could be anti-white. That he might hide that.â€

“I don’t like the fact that he thinks us white people are trash… because we’re not!â€

Yep, McCain must be so proud.

The rest of us, well ... let's just say those polls should tell the story.

Edited by Guest

Holy shit! 100,000 gather in a typically RED state for Obama:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/18/obama-rally-draws-100000-in-missouri/

obamastlouis_Q_20081018135311.jpg

Barack Obama attracted 100,000 people at a Saturday rally here, his biggest crowd ever at a U.S. event.

The crowd assembled under the Gateway Arch on a sunny Saturday afternoon to hear Obama speak about taxes and slam the Republicans on economic issues.

Lt. Samuel Dotson of the St. Louis Police Department confirmed the number of attendees piled into the grassy lawn by the Mississippi River.

To be sure, big crowds don’t always signal a big turnout on Election Day. But Obama’s ability to draw his largest audience yet in a typically red state that just weeks ago looked out of reach, could signal a changing electoral map.

For months Missouri polls put Obama as much as ten percentage points behind Republican John McCain. It was widely believed that McCain’s pick of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate would have won over the state’s conservatives and boosted his chances there. So far, that hasn’t happened.

A Rasmussen poll released on Friday shows Obama leading in Missouri 52% to 46% for McCain.

Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill had harsh words for Palin when she introduced Obama on Saturday. Referring to comments Palin made earlier this week in North Carolina about “pro-America†states, McCaskill said “We have reached a new low in America politics when a candidate dares to say that one part of America is pro-America and another part is anti-America.â€

She also took a dig at McCain for selecting a vice presidential nominee with limited experience. “One [candidate] picked one of the strongest candidates for vice president he could’ve picked in the United States and well, the other didn’t.â€

Recognizing that big rallies don’t always result in cast ballots, the Obama campaign has dispatched thousands of field organizers and volunteers to Missouri to knock on doors in a statewide get out the vote effort. (Photo: Associated Press)