Jambands.ca

Phish Toronto 93 SBD(?)!

Basher

From http://phishthoughts.com/

DOWNLOAD OF THE WEEKEND:

8.9.93 The Masonic Temple, Toronto, ON SBD

Back by popular demand, another performance during Phish’s hallowed month of August 1993. Filled with top notch musical communication and a set list that is purely delightful, this one is sure to put a smile on your face. Enjoy this ear candy in crisp soundboard fashion! With must hear versions of classics, Tweezer and YEM, some rarities, and a Dude of Life appearance, this show from north of the border is a great snapshot of one of the best-ever months of Phish.

1: Chalkdust Torture > Who Knows* > Chalkdust Torture, Mound, Fee > Split Open and Melt > Glide > Nellie Cane > Divided Sky, Memories, The Squirming Coil

2: Dinner and a Movie > Tweezer > Tela > My Friend My Friend, My Mind’s Got a Mind of its Own, You Enjoy Myself > Smoke on the Water > You Enjoy Myself**, Contact, Crimes of the Mind#

E: Rocky Top

*First time played. **With “Psycho Killer†parts. #With the Dude of Life.

Edited by Guest

This was one of my first shows too. If I recall correctly, the Dude of LIfe was throwing real fish into the audience from a bucket on stage....

http://www.phish.net/setlists/1993.html#08-09-93

08-09-93 The Masonic Temple, Toronto, ON, Canada

1: Chalk Dust Torture-> Who Knows*-> Chalk Dust Torture, Mound, Fee-> Split Open and Melt-> Glide-> Nellie Cane-> Divided Sky, Memories, The Squirming Coil

2: Dinner and a Movie-> Tweezer-> Tela-> My Friend My Friend, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, You Enjoy Myself-> Smoke on the Water-> You Enjoy Myself**, Contact, Crimes of the Mind#

E: Rocky Top

Venue commonly known as "Concert Hall". *First time played. **With "Psycho Killer" parts. #With the Dude of Life.

(Emphasis added.)

Aloha,

Brad

This was one of my first shows too. If I recall correctly, the Dude of LIfe was throwing real fish into the audience from a bucket on stage....

I'm not sure if they were real fish, but he was definitely throwing *something* into the audience during Crimes of the Mind.

Mike Gordon stepped on my foot at this show. So far, I've had two rock stars step on my foot: Mike Gordon, and Iggy Pop. Some people prefer autographs, but I like the good ol'fashioned foot crusher.

Let me play BradM here...

From http://www.phish.net/faq/rubber.html:

What's the story w/ the rubber chickens?

The Dude of Life has thrown rubber chickens into the audience at past appearances. Each chicken reportedly has band signatures and a story part; two parts have been claimed but not revealed; if you have one of these chickens, please let Lemuria know; he will hook you up with other chicken owners, and you can compare the story. Also, if you have one, please transcribe whats written on it and submit it for the Stories File, so that they can be archived.

Ned emailed about "a show [he] saw in Toronto on August 9, 1993. It was the end of the second set and Trey announced that The Dude of Life was here to sing a song. After his song he proceeded to toss little gifts into the audience. I was lucky enough to catch a large rubber chicken that was signed by the band and had little messages from the band. Here they are: From Trey: "Today we kill, Tomorrow we die." From Mike: "Each man to his grave as one to his slave" From Page: "Live free or die now." From the Dude of Life: "Andy Gibb is dead." And for the message which spurred my curiousity the most: from Fish: "One day I'll have such an orgasm that my..." (To be continued on next bird). ... The bird has a number two on the feet so I figure there is someone else with the end of John Fishman's story on their own rubber chicken. So, if you know anything about other chickens including chicken number one please contact me. I'm really curious about what the significance of this chicken catching is and if this means that I have to go on tour!"