Jambands.ca

Ottawa Cirque ticket wanted

Velvet

From Travelzoo:

Cirque du Soleil is known for its dazzling productions, but the enormous popularity of its shows means tickets tend to be expensive. That's why we were thrilled to find tickets for as little as $42 (regularly $60) for the enchanting "Corteo" by Cirque du Soleil during its stop at St. Laurent Centre in Ottawa through Oct. 10.

The following discounts are available for performances through Oct. 10, Tuesday-Thursday at 8PM and Friday at 4PM:

* 20% OFF Level 2 tickets ... $68 (regularly $85)

* 30% OFF Level 3 tickets...$42 (regularly $60)

You must purchase tickets by Oct. 1. To book, click on the ticket level and follow the numbered steps on the booking page: Level 2 20% off, Level 3 30% off .

About the Show: "Corteo" combines traditional Cirque du Soleil elements -- acrobatic performance and the art of clowning -- with a highly unusual storyline that revolves around the death and funeral procession of a clown. According to the San Diego Union Tribune, "'Corteo' takes on themes of life, death and deliverance with a delicate balance of theater and circus arts." To buy regular priced tickets for all performances, click here, but be sure to use one of the links above to purchase discounted tickets.

Hurry up Velvet - there are very few seats available. Most performances only have one seat left. The only performance with 4 seats available is this Thursday night (and those seats are in the 1st row, which is prolly not where you want to be). The discount seems to be equal to half of the service charges. So 4 tix is still $176. I wonder if you can apply use this promo at the box office.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, it's working, but the link you posted is 20% off the $85 ticket, whereas I wanna try and pay less than the $60 ticket, which is the cheapest available. I finagled your link where it offered 30% off the $60 ticket, but with shipping and service fees it comes to almost $57. If the box office sells the $60 tickets with no service charges then I might just bite the bullet and go that route as then I'm not limited to which shows I can go to..

I know many of you have been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear the latest news on how cheaply I was able to score a ticket to the show, so I will wrap up this thread with the following press release:

Ladies and gentleman, thank-you for following my ticket quest and supporting my efforts to acquire a reduced ticket price. I am slightly saddened to report that I did ultimately buy a ticket at face value from the box office. Finding that buying tickets in person eliminated all service charges I forewent the almost $3 savings for a wider selection of available performaces and culminating in a much better seat than was available through discounted official bonus offers.

The show is tomorrow and I am very excited.

Again, thank-you all for your interest and support.

The show was spectacular, if you've not seen a Cirque show go to this one. I found this show vastly more entertaining than the last time they were in town (at Lansdowne), and as good as Saltimbanco (which was at LeBreton Flats). The show has an English storyline, and I found the acts pretty much followed the theme. I wasn't as blown away with the acts as I was during Saltimbanco, but the overall presentation of Corteo is great.

These Cirque guys 100% know how to put on a show.