Ottawa Cirque ticket wanted

Velvet

$36-$51 -- Last Chance to See 'Corteo' in Ottawa, Save 40%*

Ottawa, ON

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Performances through Oct. 24

By Barrie Zigman

Travelzoo Staff

Cirque du Soleil is known for its dazzling productions, but the enormous popularity of its shows means tickets tend to be expensive. That's why we were thrilled to find tickets for as little as $36 (regularly $60) for the enchanting "Corteo" by Cirque du Soleil during its stop at St. Laurent Centre in Ottawa through Oct. 26.

These 40% OFF tickets are available for performances Tuesday-Thursday at 8PM and Friday at 4PM:

Level 2 tickets ... $51 (regularly $85)

Level 3 tickets...$36 (regularly $60)

Blackout Dates: Oct. 17, 21

You must purchase tickets by Oct. 21. To book, click here and follow the numbered steps on the booking page.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Corteo last Wednesday. Loved it! Time just flew by, such an escape. Beautiful images are created by the decor, the movements, the performers.

I bought tickets for $42 and when I got there, I was told that I had to go sit somewhere else...6th row, in the $125 seats due to show being taped that day...guess they were filling up the empty seats at the front. Wicked view!

I so much wanted to jump on those big beds and to be thrown around in the air!

In the line-up at the post office today, one of the Cirque jugglers was standing in front of me; he was picking up a package...what was it? Juggling balls. haha! He was angry to have to pay $11 duty on them.

So the Cirque backed out of the Vancouver Olympics opening and closing ceremonies, which is very disappointing. I heard it's because they wouldn't be given full creative control, but some people say otherwise: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/09/17/bc-vano-cirque-du-soleil.html

again.... floating dwarf chick. that was the best improvised act I've seen. attach a cute little fremale dwarf to a bunch of helium balloons and send her off into an audience. Instruct the audience to bounce bounce her around like you're at a phish show. now THAT is entertainment!