Jambands.ca

Shakti

Velvet

Big thanks to everyone for not buying my tickets, the show was awesome, and different enough from last tour to keep me really really interested. Saw Groove Fetish and Weirdness on the way in - hope you two got in on time to get set up. The place sure wasn't sold out, so if you didn't go, feel free to kick yourself now.

yeah, that show was amazing, my jaw was on the floor for 2 hours straight, much better venue than last time i seen them(harbour front)....we went to the rex before hand, and we got to see the Club Django Sextet as well....

I'm either going to start practising guitar 12 hours a day or give it up all together, can't decide...

hey anybody now anything about that hand drum the one guy plays in Shakti, that thing is incredible

Hey Fretman! I think it's called a Kanjeera .

I too had my chin scratching the floor for two solid hours. I didn't even know the places existed in my mind that the music took me to.

We discussed what a review would say as we drove home from the show and I think all we could come up with is: "If you've seen it, then you know; if you haven't, then there's really no way it can be described to you." It was either that, or "WOW!" that we decided on. [big Grin]

count me in too....I wished I had bought a cd at the front door on the way in, ...by the time the show was over that table was swamped.....

Hey Willy, we forgot to go back to the autograph table for a closer look, ....oh well

such amazing musicians, anybody try counting along with John when he was clapping his hands??

was that compound time or something?

and all those crazy mandolin solos with the sliding.....mann, such talent...i dont think i could even sit cross legged for two hours let alone play like that!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------

"If you've seen it, then you know; if you haven't, then there's really no way it can be described to you."

-----------------------------------------------

sounds about right Willy!!

Hey secondtube! I can probably put up some shots for you. E-mail them to me. Group them in messages less than 10MB (that's my single message limit). I'll try to throw them up tonight. I'll post the URL if I get it to happen. If I don't make it happen, at least I'll have seen them. [smile] Seriously though, I should be able to pull it off tonight.

Archived