Jambands.ca

Coachella rumor...

NewRider

I have also heard about a Smiths reunion for Coachella.

That's been rumoured for years. Goldenvoice (the promoters) offered Moz and Marr $5 Million for a one-off a couple years ago and they turned it down. Highly unlikely. Esp since Moz has a new solo album out.

I have also heard about a Smiths reunion for Coachella.

That's been rumoured for years. Goldenvoice (the promoters) offered Moz and Marr $5 Million for a one-off a couple years ago and they turned it down. Highly unlikely. Esp since Moz has a new solo album out.

I would pay A LOT of fucking money to see this happen, but sadly it will never be. Too much bad blood and ego still between the two...

While nothing has been officially reported, rumors of the 2009 Coachella lineup are starting to surface. Set to go down April 17-19, we've heard for some time that Blur, Faith No More and Morrissey will headline. And according to The Tripwire (who got their news from Consequence Of Sound), the following acts are also confirmed for this year's fest:

Portishead :: Coachella 2008 by Dave VannThe Airborne Toxic Event

The Bug

Buraka Som Sistema

Crystal Castles

Drop The Lime

Fleet Foxes

Flying Lotus

Girl Talk

The Hold Steady

The Killers

No Age

Noah and the Whale

Late of the Pier

Los Campesinos!

Peanut Butter Wolf

The Presets

Sébastien Tellier

Themselves

Tinariwen

In terms of rumors, here's what folks be talking about:

Britney Spears

Animal Collective

Basement Jaxx

The Black Keys

Four Tet

Glasvegas

José González

Outkast

The White Stripes

Neil Young

Truth be told, no one knows who will play for sure till the folks at Golden Voice make the official announcement. Consider this a teaser with no guarantees.

Thankfully I haven't seen a single Canadian music journalist include Crystal Castles in their best of '08 lists. I guess Americans haven't figured out they are a bullshit hype balloon. I would dig on Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi or Hercules and Love Affair (w. Antony) at Coachella. That'd be worth a Milli.

(By the way did anyone read I think in Now, Lizzie Powell (Land of Talk, Broken Social Scene) singing the praises of Lil Wayne's melodic lilt of his voice.)

Please please never the Smith's anyhwere ever.

I saw the Smiths in 85 at Canada's Wonderland. Fantastically fun night. The crowd rushed the stage, Morissey walked off. It pissed rain as the show let out and I got to see all kinds of girls in their wet white T's. It was perfect for my 17yr old mind lol.