Jambands.ca

Roadtripin down to Florida and other states Feb., recommendations needed!!

RobL

Myself and my girlfriend Nyree decided to do a mini road trip down south and hit up some shows and catch some sun in February. Our itinerary is Cornmeal in Philadelphia, pa, Assembly of dust in Charleston South Carolina, then drive to Savannah Georgia cause we heard it was an old town with a lot of historic culture. G Love and the special sauce in Jacksonville, Florida. Yonder mountain string band in Asheville, North Carolina, Umphrey's Mcgee the next night in Asheville, North Carolina then home. If any one has recommendations on places they have been in these cities or cool things they have checked out etc it would be much appreciated. I am doing a lot of research but sometimes the best things comes from experiences from others etc. We love all food and love learning new things so all info is welcome. we are also trying to make this trip cheap as possible. We were thinking of doing the couch surfing website or perhaps hostels so we can meet some other people to hit shows with etc Thanks Rob

Edited by Guest

i love savannah. i don't know where to go or what to do, but my favourite thing there was just wandering the old neighbourhoods. the downtown is pretty nice, the riverfront is nice, and all the old squares are cool to see. some cool forts around the city too.

i love savannah. the river inn is really nice for a romantic stay. and there is a nice irish pub on the street behind/below. i recommend the tea house in town for a cozy tea and scones on a cold day :)

can't remember the name of the restaurants i ate at but they were fantastic. like AD said, it's fun to just walk around. bring a bottle of wine and chill out under a big tree in a square. it's a magical town i think!

macon is interesting too and has some amazing food! mmm country fried steak n biscuits :)

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of love for Savannah here, and I'll add some fuel to the fire. If you're looking for awesome Southern food and high-quality hospitality, I would hit up Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room for lunch. Delicious and authentic Southern food (served in copious amounts - there is no question you will leave full), with pretty unique rooming-house atmosphere. The place is legendary and for good reason.

Safe travels.