Jambands.ca

Just wondering??

Ol'Hickster

Hey guys I was just wondering if there is like a easy, rough way to figure out if you will owe or get money back on your taxes, Im goin to be goin to get my taxes done anyways but just to strike my curiousity at home is there a way to punch some numbers or something? Anyone know?

seconded on quicktax. I buy it every year and do my taxes as well as a few others. You can play with numbers as you go if you have final pay-stubs but no t4's and it has a pretty good help section. It also has analysis tools so for example, Steph and I have a dependent, well, it will figure out who will benefit most by claiming the dependent and put it on that return. I also like that I can just plop in my previous year's file and it will automatically have my personal info setup as well as dependents and whatnot that shouldn't change...

If you netfile it's 1 week. As in I submitted mine last friday and it was assessed monday and on my government account it says that the money has been deposited March 9th. It was the same last year. What I don't get is why, if they've already assessed it, do they need to wait exactly 1 week before depositing the money into my account. And why do they put up messages implying past tense with dates that are in the future? The government confuses me.

I might look at studio tax next year. Is it free for everyone and does it have options like handling two returns at once (me and spouse type deal)? That's all I really care about, that I can use the program to do my taxes without actually knowing anything other than how to use the program (I don't want to learn the tax laws that have to do with spousal income and transferring credits between us and whatnot).

Yea it is 20 returns with the free verson, and I got a letter today which made me laugh, last year I got audited bad and things took forever to get resolved and after all the bullshit they sent me a letter telling me that they found that they did the audit wrong so instead of my original return value I owe them 122 bucks

i hate tax time. im a sub-contracter with my own business # and GST#, and i get taxed way too hard. i think im looking at owing about 10k this year, before any deductions ie: tools,supplies/materials, food, gas, etc etc. Ive been looking at a mountain of paperwork for about a week now, just dreading it. somehow i cant seem to get motivated to do my taxes, yet i can find the motivation to do other stuff that i WANT to do

friggin taxes.