Jambands.ca

F1 '09

Thorgnor

i'm a fan. i tried to stay up for last night but fell asleep, and then slept through the re-broadcast.

no real surprise about the result though given Brawn's testing results.

maybe i can stay awake for Kuala Lumpur

I missed this one... bad time of day to start a race and it still ended to soon wake up reasonably early. booo.

Button looked great in the first race, maybe it's his year... but what happened to Hamilton's car?

Raikonen is gonna Shanghai the whole field! (not really, but I wish)

• 2 weeks later...

birdy that's ridiculous. i'd love to do that. hope you have a blast. please take lots of pics if you are allowed. i'd love to see what it looks like on the ground.

i had the chance to survey and drive the track in a certain Mediterranean city-state while the course is set up for the upcoming '09 race but my company's sales crew f-ed it all up. and then i left that job for a new one hehe.

Boo! Too bad it never came to be! That would have been awesome!

This will be my fourth trip to Maranello. The 'unnamed classic car co.' (haha) i work for has an auction at the track every year. Although this is the first year we'll be offering these drives on the track. YAY! So excited for this, i can't even tell you. A little nervous too!

The first year i went over they had an F1 prototype (i didn't know it was a prototype at the time) out on the track and i was taking photos. A Ferrari official came over and made me delete the photos right off of my camera as he watched. Crazy!

But i'll take pics. Turns out they're cool when it's a car already unleashed to the public eye. :)

And Thorgnor, i'm totally jealous of your sweet ride! haha... every day i go out and get in mine to go to work and am honestly surprised it starts.

Where've you been? We need more birdy around here. (i do remember seeing you in chatham )

Quit stalking me! I've been hibernating the winter away buddy. We did broken down golf carts together and then you fell flat on your face. Hahah. Awesome! Awesomer was your revival back at Keris. :) MISS YOU!

so your company has an auction where a prize is to drive a few laps at fiorano? or you host an auction at fiorano?

i imagine people pay a lot to drive that track...

We host an auction at Fiorano which our clients fly into Maranello for. We always set up a bunch of activities to round out the weekend, so to speak, and this year one of the client activities is test drives in the 599xx. So, it's of no cost to the client.

Oh i didn't really answer your question - this isn't up for auction... we sell vintage ferraris at the sale - but this is just a client activity for VIPs... that kind of thing.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...