Jambands.ca

Where to stay after Phish at Darien?

Low rain

State park is not the way to go imo. It is basically a dui checkpoint at the gate after the show. State Cops coming up to your campsite looking to see how much alcohol you have ,if you have a cooler out keep an eye out or Keep everything in a closed trunk. Also watch out when you are driving there will be dui checkpoints..... just ask kid rock...

tour bus driver for Kid Rock was arrested following a concert at Darien Lake Performing Arts Center Tuesday night.

The bus, driven by Joseph Devlin, 37, of Florida, was spotted swerving in and out of its lane by other motorists, said Chief Deputy Gordon Dibble of the Genesee County Sheriff's Department.

Devlin is charged with felony DWI.

"The penalties are very severe," Dibble said. "He went to jail with $10,000 bail."

State police and sheriff's deputies arrested 19 additional motorists for DWI. Eight of them were nabbed at a sobriety checkpoint on State Rt. 20 in Alden.

"20 intoxicated drivers were removed from the road," said Capt. Steve Nigrelli of New York State Police. "20 vehicles that could have led to accidents, fatalities. How many lives did we save last night?"

96 young people were arrested and charged with possessing alcohol. The youths ranged in age from 16 to 20. They were caught in parking lots on and around the amusement park's property.

Police say they'll be out in full force at other mass gatherings, including future concerts at Darien Lake, the Erie County Fair and upcoming Buffalo Bills home games.

Link

I can no longer go to Darien which means my hotel reservation is up for grabs.

Econo Lodge Darien Lake

$109

August 13th

"non-smoking"

PM me if you want me to switch the reservation to your name.

Edited by Guest
The reservation has been switched. Enjoy the show folks.

We have a room at the hotel located at Darien Lake. Has anyone ever stayed there for a show? Is it cool?

We have stayed there before , no hassles , the pool is a good spot to have beverages and to meet other folks.

Edited by Guest