Jambands.ca

Kingston Peeps

boogieknight

For a great lunch, I highly recommend Stuff'd. There's one on Bagot between Brock & Princess, and another on King St West in Portsmouth Village. Totally make your own sandwich, but with probably 60 different ingredients and spreads. I always get something on a tasty baguette, but there's lots of wraps too.

The Mansion (and The Living Room inside it) is probably the best spot for music right now, especially rootsy stuff, but BarNone is great too.

Oh yeah, and White Mountain Ice Cream. My kids are lucky I like it as much as they do.

if you like walking, i always like walking along the lakeshore and past all those really old houses... not sure about the street name. i think it is the same street that the penitentiary is on.

also there is that nice little open-air market in the square [in front of morrison's i think?] -- but i don't remember which day of the week that happens.

and if you like boats, you can walk down to the marinas and have a look around. i like boats. :)

How can one Hoagie House be better or worse than another?

Unless they use different ketchup, buns, sliced cheeses, seasonal onions, flattop grill or sliced meat, it'll be the same cheesesteak.

Oh wait, I rate the Hoagie House by the Cheese steak. I've never had anything else.

secret sauce is KETCHUP!

Not sure how it happened but it is true. Division St is better. My guess is the build up of grease on the grill :)

S&R is gone gone gonzo

Funny I was reading on the weekend that the owner of Vandervoort Hardware is taking the hardware out of the name and going to make it into a general store. He's hoping to capture some of the S&R trade and to hire some of their former employees. For many years in the 70s and 80s Vandervoorts was an employee-owned operation (one of whom was my dad). I spent many a summer working in the store. For me it will always be a hardware store.

BTW, Boogie if you're looking for a bit of home while in K-town, The Spades are scheduled to be at the Merchant (lower Princess) on Sat. Jul.11

if you like walking, i always like walking along the lakeshore and past all those really old houses... not sure about the street name. i think it is the same street that the penitentiary is on.

also there is that nice little open-air market in the square [in front of morrison's i think?] -- but i don't remember which day of the week that happens.

and if you like boats, you can walk down to the marinas and have a look around. i like boats. :)

King Street meggo :)

Market is open Tues, Thurs, Sat. Best butcher shop in town is there too ... Block & Cleaver.