Jambands.ca

Kingston Peeps

boogieknight

No trip is complete without a drunken trip to Bubba's for poutine, preferably after swilling beers at The Toucan or St. Patrick's or The Kingston Brew Pub. If you go to the Kingston Brew Pub, make sure to drink several pints of White Tail or Dragoons Pale Ale.

Hoagie House on Division Street is WAY better than the one on Front Road (which incidentally is very close to Mamma Mia's, and my house).

Bubba's on King St East is better than the one on Princess Street.

Best fries in town are Copper Penny.

How can one Hoagie House be better or worse than another?

Unless they use different ketchup, buns, sliced cheeses, seasonal onions, flattop grill or sliced meat, it'll be the same cheesesteak.

Oh wait, I rate the Hoagie House by the Cheese steak. I've never had anything else.

secret sauce is KETCHUP!

Everyone rates the Hoagie House by the cheesesteak and as for one being better than the other, it's all about the love that goes into each hoagies creation. Some employ it, others dont. I'm hoping the front road location gets it after time.

and my house

Really eh? We'll have to talk next time I come to town. We are usually in your neighbourhood.

Holy shit! if the sleepless goat is still there, that is your healthiest bet.

Mind you if you want a KILLER greasy breaky, go to the HEALTHY HABIT on King St. near portsmouth

tavern for the best homefries and toast, eggs, sausage breakfast in kingston. There probably are no tables so be prepared to take it out in a container and eat it in the park nearby on a picnic table.

(i ate breaky there for 4 years easy).>

View Larger Map

Everyone rates the Hoagie House by the cheesesteak and as for one being better than the other, it's all about the love that goes into each hoagies creation.

Love that goes into the hoagies? More like it's all about the level of hate that goes into them.

You still have to go to Morrison's for any greasy spoon fare (located at "Springer" Market Square), for the tradition more than anything.

In my Kingston breaky experiences, morrison's didn't even know how to use basic seasonings like salt and pepper.

Healthy Habit has a homefry seasoning concoction that would win awards.

healty habit is closed. Star Diner on Princess Street is usually pretty good, but my all time favourite is The Right Spot on Wellington. Oldest diner owners you'll ever see, but it's mega-cheap and pretty quick. Go for the pancakes ...

The Iron Duke on Wellington is a pretty popular new spot (the former Scherzo / Wellington) that has good food and a great beer selection. If you like Greek food, Greco's on Princess downtown is amazing. Mino's takeout is a good bargain too.

The Right Spot!

YES! You win Skelter. Daveyboy and I went through public school with one of the owners kids. I totally forgot about that place. We sometimes got rid of our hangovers in there. Learning to order a shake with breakfast was the bomb and changed my life.

For the record, I never was that much of a fan of the Healthy Habit. Since it's now closed I probably wasnt the only one. And Morrison's sucked. I never ever enjoyed breakfast in there. I used to whine if our party decided that was the place. I mean, come on. The Right Spot is right around the corner or even the Toucan for that matter.