Jambands.ca

Cell Phone Dilemna

afro poppa

Does anyone know anything about cellphones? I am pretty cellphone illiterate and up to yesterday I was blindly going to buy the iPhone because of its Sirius app. But now that I can't get it in Canada I am not so sure I want the iPhone anymore. Does anyone have any tips for me??? I am also looking at at the BlackBerry series, the HTC series etc...

it all depends on what you want to use it for. probably best advice is to figure out what you want to use it for and how much (do you want a mobile internet browser / smaartphone / apps, or do you want a proper phone, do you use long distance, do you use a lot of text messages, is daytime calling important, how much per month can you afford, etc) and then take that info to the phone companies and see what they can do for you.

If you plan on mainly using your phone for emails then go with the blackberry. If you want the web applications then go for the iPhone.

There is a great app for the iPhone called Simply that let's you stream all your media on your home computer over your phone, essentially allowing you to access to a huge collection of music anywhere. Plus you can share your collection with a bunch of friends. It's nice to be able to drive around and have access to tons of tunes. I like my iPhone, but I am still not great at typing on it. A keyboard feature would be nice. The touch screen makes it pretty easy to mistype or misdial.

There is a great app for the iPhone called Simply that let's you stream all your media on your home computer over your phone, essentially allowing you to access to a huge collection of music anywhere. Plus you can share your collection with a bunch of friends. It's nice to be able to drive around and have access to tons of tunes. I like my iPhone, but I am still not great at typing on it. A keyboard feature would be nice. The touch screen makes it pretty easy to mistype or misdial.

So basically I could access my TB External from my iPhone?? This...this is good news.

Wow AD, that hurts man. I thought we were friends...

Anyway, I already know the price difference...as far as service goes, Rogers is already pretty terrible (for customer service) and I can't seeing the phone calls being of better or worse quality either way.