Jambands.ca

Martin Streek is dead ...

skelter

that's terrible. living in stratford i was just out of range for over the air transmission of CFNY, and i would love it whenever the family would go east, even as far as kitchener or new hamburg because there my walkman could pick up cfny. martin streek and allan cross were big influences on my early listening years. dave bookman came to be a semi-close acquaintance for a few years as he was best friends with my boss. i learned a lot from those folks.

here's what streek left as his facebook status shortly before the deed was done, apparently

"So...I guess that's it...thanks everyone...I'm sorry to those I should be sorry to, I love you to those that I love, and I will see you all again soon (not too soon though)... Let the stories begin."

martin streek and allan cross were big influences on my early listening years. dave bookman came to be a semi-close acquaintance for a few years as he was best friends with my boss. i learned a lot from those folks.

so true. that was the amazing thing about cfny. i started listening in maybe '79? and grew up with loads of artists first heard there. police, smiths, omd, elvis costello. huge influence.

live earl jive was my funky favourite.