Jambands.ca

ana and mia sites

KarinGarage

yep. that's news to me.

pro-ana on wiki

It seems to me that this is just another way of painting over a dirty picture with pretty little flowers and candy and avoid having to deal with a problem.

Veganism is a lifestyle choice as are nudism, swinging, christian living, green living and home schooling. I can't even imagine how Anorexia can be grouped into this category.

"Effect

A 2006 experimental study at the University of Missouri on 235 female undergraduates found that those subjected to a single viewing of a pro-ana site created by the study designers reported lower self-esteem and were more likely to become preoccupied with exercise and weight loss, as compared to control groups. A greater likelihood to exercise and a reduced likelihood to overeat or self-induce vomiting was also reported by the group viewing the pro-ana site.[35]"

Too bad it didn't make me want to exercise.

I also don't want to eat 3 pizzas...maybe one, but I can certainly handle that.

Though grossly unhealthy and unwise, it is a lifestyle choice that needs to be pulled out of the closet.

Considering that many of the 'facts' about nutrition promoted by the Government (more specifically about servings of grains, how to balance one's diet, and saturated fats) are bordering on false and negligent, people need to have any tools to live healthily that they can.

...And while it can be argued that proper fasting is one of the healthiest things a person can do, Ana and Mia are stupid bitches.

now where's that pizza...