Jambands.ca

Stewart Park Festival

Dr. J

Looking for some advice. I’m chair of this year’s Stewart Park Festival, a small festival here in Perth. We don’t generally have a headliner because our budget won’t allow it (the festival is free). This year, however, being our 20th we were thinking of trying to get a bigger name - Blue Rodeo etc. Because it’s the same weekend as Bluesfest, my thinking was to try and get someone who was playing Ottawa and have them slip into Perth the night before or the night after. Maybe save a buck. Not sure who talk to at Bluesfest about when they start to book. Monahan doesn’t list an email. Could just phone the number listed I suppose, but was wondering if anyone had a contact they'd recommend?

I understand the exclusivity principle, but I could swear C.R. Avery and the Sojourners played both festivals last year (I believe on the same weekend). I'll have to find out from our artistic director if she got a dispensation from the pope or no one noticed or no one cared.

RevolutionROck is much more tight about this than Bluesfest....

That being said at Bluefest they had That1Guy last year and the Folk Festival was not allowed to announce their That1Guy booking till after the festival finished.

RevRock wouldn't let Folk Fest announce Joel Plaskett until their Bronson Centre show was finished- or else FF would have been on the hook for ALL unsold tickets.