Jambands.ca

New generation deadheads

Ronda

IT'S OFFICIAL...MY KIDS KEES AND SYDNEY ARE NOW DANCING TO A LITTLE GRATEFUL DEAD. IN THE MORNING I TURN ON "MARS HOTEL" AS LOUD AS THE CD PLAYER IN THEIR BEDROOM WILL GO. KEES STANDS UP AND BOUNCES ON HIS MATTRESS LIKE A WILD MAN AND SYDNEY ROCKS BACK AND FORTH TO THE ENTIRE CD. I KNEW THAT IF I PLAYED IT LOUD ENOUGH AND LONG ENOUGH WE'D MAKE LITTLE DEADHEADS OUT OF THEM...AND TO THINK THAT THEY'RE ONLY TEN MONTHS OLD.

PROUD MAMA [big Grin]

Congratulations! What a great story...

My mom worked as a school caretaker for 25-odd years and worked at Highland High in Dundas for a while.

She told me once she *really* blew some minds when she came around a corner to find a bunch of kids listening to "Eyes Of The World" and she broke into the chorus with the tape. She's a sweet little lady, a wee Scottish, white-haired "grand-motherly" kind of woman, and I think she must have freaked them out! [big Grin]

My mom... I love her! She really had to put up with a lot of wierd shit eminating from my speakers full blast for many years!

quote:

Originally posted by Ronda:

AS LOUD AS THE CD PLAYER IN THEIR BEDROOM WILL GO...

Is that why you're yelling!? Is your hearing wrecked now? [Wink]

Seriously though, way to go... I bet you can't wait for Swifty to come home so you can demonstrate this phenomenon to him! Maybe you can start bringing the kids when you come over to party. [big Grin]

bad story:

this summer in the states my friend had a wee one running around,, 3 yrs old, a cool little dude, had a pair of minisized patchpants lol

but we were partying and smoking and drinking and we turned around and there the critter is, holding a sheet [Eek!] with his bare hands and playing with it

he was fine but man it was scary good thing he didnt eat it

where to start with this one....

quote:

in the states

that's a good start.

quote:

my friend had a wee one running around,, 3 yrs old,

quote:

we were partying and smoking and drinking

Well, i think we see the problem from the start.

The outcome from imature hippies bringing kids around to party......(the parents being the immature ones)

quote:

the critter is, holding a sheet with his bare hands and playing with it

Close call boyz

Here's some pics from Frontier Town:

Rockin Cam

-

Biker Cam

-

Yeah steve you nailed it totally,,, the kid was cool, dancing around to the tunes and whatnot, you met her eh? Jen? when i met her at sci she had her kid there,, he almost got kidnapped,, where to start with that girl lol

the kids so cool though,, he was dancin with a little girl on the lawn, then some guys walking with him towards the entrance to six flags,, not good, we got him, she was holding him while i was hollering at the dude

nutty mericans lol

hey jen!

it took me a bit to realize who 'ronda' was...

i'm a little on the slow side sometimes....

anyway good to hear things are progressing well with the kiddies and you're teaching them the important things in life [Wink]

hope all is well in the rest of your life, miss you guys and take care!

Thanks for scaring the hell out of me with the stories about almost kidnapped kids and overdosed toddlers. What the hell is wrong with these people. I mean their parents...I know from experience that you can't have your eyes on your kids 24 hours but holy shit...kids playing with sheets, crazy people walking away with babies. Next summer I totally intend on bringing my babies to some shows but there comes with it some sort of restraint when it comes to how screwed up the parents get and what their children are doing. Lets hear it for the parents that sacrifice a little so that their kids can be safe and still have a great time. Better yet, lets hear it for the parents that have granny and papa watch the kids for the weekend so that the parents can let loose!

By the way the cd "Not only for kids" rocks. My favorite tune is "Jenny Jenkins"! Just can't decide what colour to wear so might as well go bare....what do you care?!!![big Grin]

Archived