Jambands.ca

Canada vs. Russia or Crosby vs Ovechkin

rubberdinghy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Russia is, historically they've never matched lines well or even tried to get away from match-ups. I don't know if it's an ego thing or what, but they hang their best players out to dry. Mind you, their skill is so great that sometimes it doesn't matter.

The half KHL thing (which was ego/politically driven) clearly didn't work. And their lack of depth and speed at D was exposed.

The Russian D was brutal (Gonchar did have a nice shot on that goal mind you). The Russians were the "home" team last night too, right? Goes to show at how bad they were at line matching since they had last move.

While they have great forwards/snipers, you could see their frustration at being neutralized. On one of the later Canadian goals Ovechkin had a brain-fart and gave up for a split second on trying to chase the Canadian entering the Russian zone. Cost them another goal.

Who are the good two-way Russian forwards?????

I was shocked that it was this one-sided. And I was really disappointed that these guys came with their euro-trash game. It was just. No heart, no guts, no nothing there to back it up. I mean Alex Ovechkin was an average player tonight. I know they're going to bounce back, but to be that poor and to be that intimidated physically by the Canadians, that really shocked me.

Milbury showed no shame when the host asked "Did you really say euro-trash? Did that come out of your mouth?"

"I did," replied Milbury.