Jambands.ca

Canada vs. Russia or Crosby vs Ovechkin

rubberdinghy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think Mike Richards will be a strong factor against Ovechkin tonight? Division rivals and all. Does Richards normally play against Ovechkin's Washington line?

Also looking forward to Malkin vs. Crosby.

Russia is considered the home team and will get last line change. That being said I think they will play Crosby against Ovechkin whenever they can. Watch Doughty on D. I think he will play great against Ovechkins line.

Does anyone think Mike Richards will be a strong factor against Ovechkin tonight? Division rivals and all. Does Richards normally play against Ovechkin's Washington line?

Also looking forward to Malkin vs. Crosby.

Not sure, but Russia has the last change tonight so they could keep him away from matchups. If Russia plays Ovechkin for over 20 minutes it will be hard to have Mike Richards out there for over 20 minutes taking time away from Crosby and the other first line players on team Canada. Can't wait for the game tonight and would love to see Crosby's line face Ovechkin's line most the night.

Best way to defend Ovie?

It's like the deadly QB defensive tactic in the NFL. Dont let him touch the puck. Have your big 'ciclers' pin the Russians in their own end whenever he is on the ice. Dont turn it over easily and hope that he plays deeps in his own end or stay close to him at the blue line to offset a potential breakout.

I dont know though. Something like that is what I would try.